Open Source 'Theology' inspired by LINUX

Introducing people of all ages to mythology... in pre-college educational curricula, youth orgs, the media, etc. Share your knowledge, stories, unit and lesson plans, techniques, and more.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Raphael
Associate

Post by Raphael »

OPEN SOURCE 'Theology' inspired by LINUX

As the above title suggests.

Here I introduce a theology that attempts to build bridges between what many believe to be disparate irreconcilable beliefs. Nobody owns this theosophy. It only adopts and acknowledges the common denominators, obvious indicators of an underlying structure common to all.
Everyone gets to participate...they bring their belief system to the table and if they can improve what has been written...they are encouraged to do so.

I cannot understand it. Everywhere I look I see only connections between the different cultures and varied belief systems. I assume everyone to be equal and we all come from the same source therefore when we 'connect', when the epiphanies do occur, I will assume the profound experience each person has is similar. But not unlike a myth, the story itself, the microcosmic experience is then framed or conceptualized in terms of the macrocosmic environment. Thus both internal and external realities are expressed. I will also assume that death itself has a similar effect on each individual.

How would we begin to compare the different belief systems?
Through numbers I will suggest.
Numbers transcend all boundaries. All mathematicians (formerly the intellectual Masons) speak the same language. Math is the language that ALL humanity shares. Numbers all add up the same way and have the same result regardless of the language interpreting the result.
Words constructed with letters giving structure to language are prone to misinterpretation and often only serve to confuse. It is the same argument I have posted suggesting literal interpretations of scripture are also prone to subjective misinterpretation however using numbers gives the interpreter an altered objectivity.

Personally, I am stuck on the number 4. Have been for a while.
On this following thread called ‘Help, Looking for a Foursome’ I asked for references to the number 4.

http://www.jcf.org/new/forum/viewtopic. ... 56&forum=3

Long ago I made the jump over the abyss of disbelief and suggested that 4 actually can be connected too today’s 4 forces that physics has identified.
i.e. nuclear strong, gravity, nuclear weak and electro-magnetism.

But before everyone take the leap I am suggesting maybe we should start our discussion of comparatives starting first with ‘nothing’. Nothing is a good place to start…we can then investigate each addition to the formula and observe how it possibly affects the outcome. The tarot starts with the Fool representing O or nothing and the Sacred Twenty Count starts with the number Zero or O.

The ultimate formula I will suggest are the sequential archetypes that reveal the patterns.
I further suggest that we investigate or compare the first 21 or 22 numbers that have been codified into the esoteric rite and ritual of each culture and with great interest I note each of the ‘Cradle Civilizations’ apparently had such a code.

Here are some of the Codebooks I have uncovered that are available to all.

1/ Major Arcana of the Tarot (source of tarot unknown)
2/ Rosarium Philosophorum (Medieval European alchemy)
3/ 21 Praises to Tara (Buddhism)
4/ Sacred 20 Count (Mesoamerican Medicine Wheel)
5/ The Book of Days or the “Tonalamatl” (documents the 22 lamatl of the Aztecs)
6/ The Hebrew Alphabet
7/ _______________?

So before we start talking about “Nothing” … may I suggest we discuss first the significance of 20, 21 or 22 and investigate if other ‘Code Books’ do in fact exist. I know intuitively that other books would exist and the numbers 20, 21 or 22 expose their merit to the initiate.

Can the JCF associates think of any other books or rite of ritual laid out as 20, 21, or 22 steps or symbols?

After we have compiled the culture ‘codebooks’ I will suggest we can easily compare sequentially each number in each codebook from each culture.
The results can be nothing but astoundingly revealing as to how similar the foundation of each belief system actually is.
Time is running out folks.

Namaste

Raphael

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raphael on 2006-10-15 12:58 ]</font>