Sacred Geometry

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/innergeo.html
I just wonder if anyone out there is interested in discussing this...

Peace,
AL

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Articles ... l_Sun.html

I think the loss of this knowledge of ancient optics, from tele- to micro- scopes, directly relates to the burning of the library at Alexandria. I also think the above geometry can be credited to ancient knowledge of optics.
At the end of the article, the author talks about how archaeologists don't look at the cosmological function of mythology, therefore we don't ever hear news of ancient connectedness.
Peace,
AL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ALOberhoulser on 2002-10-17 18:05 ]</font>

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

http://www.spiraloflight.com/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ALOberhoulser on 2002-10-17 23:22 ]</font>

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/b ... icture.htm

This is a great site that connects Hermetic Kabbalah to our modern maze of thought.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

broken link
Last edited by ALOberhoulser on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

http://symbala.com/eso/framfor/backfr.htm

That's a really great site!
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ALOberhoulser on 2003-02-13 20:57 ]</font>

melissa
Associate

Post by melissa »

Sacred Geometry, while a serious subject for many, can be fun for some, and disturbing for others. One of my favorite childhood memories occured when my cousins and I faced two full length mirrors towards each other to see what they would reflect. When standing between the two mirrors, my reflection went on into infinity...which I thought was fun, but my cousins were extremely uncomfortable with. Years later, my sons and I watched a T.V. special on fractal geometry featuring the Mendelbrot series. Again I thought the infinity of these fractals were delightful, but my oldest son was extremely uncomfortable with it, and my youngest, like me, was intrigued.
As a psychology student, I find it interesting that many people are so frightened by the concept of endlessness and/or the possible existence of such perfect order in the wilderness area of what they do not understand. For me, it is a profound, yet fun way of validating the statement that "no matter where you go...there you are." Any thoughts on why this evidence of infinity and order should produce such uneasiness in people?

Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers »

Here's only one possible answer: There is a desire for familiarity and a desire for mystery. Some people are feeling comfortable with the categorization of their environment. They avoid the mystery. It makes them feel safe to think in categories: Here I am - there you are. The mirror-in-the-mirror effect can operate as a transcending metaphor. It can be dizzy in a spiritual way.

(For others, to stand between two mirrors is perhaps nothing more than a roller coaster: For some it's a thrill, because it's a physical sensation. Others prefer the street car.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martin on 2003-07-20 15:07 ]</font>

Richard Arthur
Web Developer

Post by Richard Arthur »

Being finite, surely it is natural that we should find the infinite strange.

It was, after all, the great mathematician and geometer Blaise Pascal who confessed, "The eternal silence of those infinite spaces terrifies me."

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »