Feel free to chime in - it's another sci-fi collaboration

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Benyboy
Associate

Re: It's me...And I think I will Chime in

Post by Benyboy »

Benyboy wrote:   The only thing I know for sure is that all of this is possible . If and when Kilgore pops into your head go with it.

All I know is Kilgore told me to bring the "Almanac " . Something big was going down.
He wasn't kidding . This looks like more than just an ordinary "Meeting". I can't wait to see the monkeys smoking cigarets…So it goes...
BenyBoyBLISSBenyBoyBLISSBenyBoyBLISSBenyBoyBLISS

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Yaho looked at his hand held device; took the tiny chip from his pocket but put it back as if signify he had changed his mind. He turned to Simon and said. You and I will have to talk later. A new member has just arrived. Since we have a little more time now, if you want to leave on the Database retrieval go ahead. That way you'll have time to see Yo You for any new developments and I'll fill you in and bring you up to speed when you return.

As Simon left towards the spaceship he wondered who had just arrived. There was still much he did not know.
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

The My- Way family compound -

Yahweh, "We've got it! The mind-meld is online, and, thanks to all of the radiation spewing out into the air & water, it will work much faster than we anticipated!”

Noway, “No way”

Saywhat, “Say what?”

Uh-uh, “That’s Right!!”

Uh-uh was the runt of the litter, so to speak. And he was constantly mumbling to himself and nodding his head. The others thought he might have been the result of inbreeding, but the hazing stopped once Uh-uh got his degree in biochemistry.

Yahweh and Noway were constantly bickering these days, and saywhat was always jumping in, interrupting, saying, “Say what?”

They were a motley crew of miscreants, but with the mind-meld cooked up by Uh-uh, they were definitely a threat to humanity, or what remnants of humanity were left on the Virtual Earth World.

One of the keys to their plan was to use the monkeys to distribute the mind-meld into the radiation zone when they were sent in with the radiation detectors. They had already hijacked the detectors, fitted them with the remote-activated aerosol canisters, and replaced them back at the lab. Their way in was Uh-uh’s protégé – Justin Beiber. He could go anywhere he wanted in the Virtual Earth world, thanks to the American Dream Machine Factory.

The only problem, of which they were completely unaware, was the strengthening of the connections made by those Aikido students who were wearing & beta-testing the “hippy hive mind hat”. It’s power could only be felt by those with a pure heart. The My-Way’s hearts were black as coal.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

Kilgore's ship was being overhauled by the master squad from the steampunk lab - there was about a hundred of them with all sorts of odd tools and instruments.

Here's part of the group, always hamming it up for the media:

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Wow! What a motley crew. :D
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Meanwhile at the Ship docking station the Steampunk's Master Squad was working ferverishly on the ships' overhaul trying to get it ready to surprise Simon when he returned.

What do you think ? Will it be ready ? I don't know mate; there is still a lot to do. Only half the wiring finished; the new energy-core hookup transfer to the intersteller multi-speed hyper-drive has a glitch in the shifting mechanism. Good news is the ships' navigational control interface is now completely been replaced to integrate with the Hippy Hive Mind Hat technology and all the old hardware is gone. ( Look Ma - No Hands-Steering ! ) He laughed. We are still working on the braking system but it's close to being done. Then he stopped and said in a very quiet whisper. There is just one tinsy winsy little problem. The Bio-Technology Stabizer has a Gender malfunction. She has an Alpha-Identity and the multi-lingual software app for the Operating system will only respond if it thinks it is in control; however; it can be over-ridden with a democratic response protocol if and I say Only if you say Please.

WHAT? MOTHER MARY! JESUS CHRIST; SON OF THE LIVING... Stop! Stop! Stop! He put his hand up to cover his mouth. She might hear you and we have enough problems right now to deal with. ( Pause ) How much longer is this going to take to fix all of this ? Well; it depends on the intuitive-interface chip in the Hippy Hat. A new chip has arrived but we are waiting for it to get here from Basecamp; I mean the ranch; I mean the Shrine. Hey, Hey now. Monks don't like you mixing identity roles. It doesn't go over well with Dogma. Sorry Mate. Where is Monty ? Who ? You know the new guy; Monty Pylon. He went to get the chip. Great! My new Foreman is gone too.

Just then: NOOOOOOOOO! MY SHIP! MY SHIIIP! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SHIP! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!! ( Banging his head against the hull. )

All of a sudden a very loud and angry female voice: STOP THAT OR YOU WON"T GO ANYWHERE EVER; YOU HEAR ME ;EVVVER!!! AND YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ELSE I'M CAPABLE OF AND I GUARANTEE YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT! Now; WHooose got the Chocolate !!!!

Oh Yea mate; I forgot to tell you Chocolate is the only thing that will calm her down. There is a special intake valve we've installed and she only takes the good stuff. Will somebody please wake me up from this- ( Everything gets real quiet ); Sorry; I know; don't go there. Merrily, Merrily; Life is but a dream. Whose shift is it to be the dreamer anyway? he said looking around.

HEY! HEY! Will somebody tell me what is going on ? Simon says.
Last edited by JamesN. on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

From the House of Whiteness Press Room.

Spokesperson, Yoko Bonobo, has this to say about that.
The President is considering organizing a study group to meet at the local Star Monkey Cafe to go over all the facts and figures.

If all goes as planned, a report is expected to be on her desk by next July.
:arrow:
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

"We are fighting the good fight," said Simon, emphatically.

"The Japanese people need someone to get rid of this radioactive cesium " said Yaho.

Simon, mumbling - "They want to send monkeys in to detect the levels of radiation & now this? OHHH THAT"S JUST GREAT! What are they going to do if we can't get it to space? Wash it out to sea? The ocean's already sick!! "

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

" We have got to figure some way to get it off the planet and send it somewhere without hurting anything; maybe someplace like the Sun to burn it up. " Simon said.

" Maybe robots are the answer ." said MotherMayI just approaching from the compound near the Shrine. " You know; remote controled robots and that old deserted tanker in the harbor outfitted with those super thrusters you just took off Simon's ship. "

" Now that's a thought ".Said YaHo. " Oh; by the way I have something that's very important. " Taking the tiny chip out of his pocket. " This goes in the Hat. "

Just then in the distance you could hear. " I'm a Lumberjack and that's OK !"

" That sounds like singing ." Says Simon. Simon says; " Bad singing at that ! " MotherMayI asks; " Is that Monty Pylon the new foreman ? " Yes unfortunately. " Said the Steampunk Master Squad Leader; " Completely unreliable. "

" Let's ask him what he thinks." Said YaHo.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

The My-Way family compound

Yahweh, "If we can get the upgrade fitted for these trailers , we might be able to hold all of Japan for a ransom, maybe even the world!”

Noway, “No way”

Saywhat, “Say what?”

Uh-uh, “That’s Right!!”

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

The Mastersquad Leader brings Monty up to speed to which he replies: " SAAAY NOOO MORE !!! Let's Do It ! "

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

Monty was fitted with a new rocket pack - to help him get around a little faster:

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

The monks for the monkeys were going to get some help from their European friends, who were spotted when they were stopping off for some cappuccino:

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

Meanwhile, Uh-uh had been tinkering in his lab, making up a bunch of these to shoot into the herd of goats. He was thinking if he could scatter the herd, there was no way the monks could get the monkeys on goat-back:

He was bound & determined to see no monkey riding a goat off into the sunset!!

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »