Feel free to chime in - it's another sci-fi collaboration

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Monty looked at the shiny new rocket pack stapped to his back. His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree; and the impish twinkle in his eyes let you know that mischief was in the air.

" This is Bloody Awesome; I have just got to take this for a spin ! " He thought.

The mighty engine came to life with a silent hum; and the exhaustless powerful system began to hover with the lighted controls blinking just begging to be engaged.

" How about once around the complex; down the meadow and through the woods over to the secret clover patch to check on the Goat Herd; then run over to the Monkey Playhouse and then finally swoop over to where the deserted tanker is moored. " He thought to himself as the endless possibilities began to occur and his mind began to brim with delight. " This could lead to some very creative entertainment. "

" YaaaaaaaaaHooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by JamesN. on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

Beny Gardener
Associate

Post by Beny Gardener »

Smokem if ya got em...soit goes...

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

As Monty walked into the Monkey Playhouse he thought to himself: " That ride was Bloody Amazing. I'm can't wait to use that thing again! ". Just then he looked across the large community playroom where the monkeys would come in and out to congregate. There alone sat a very large male smoking what looked like a strange small twig.

" Tarz "; Said a soft gentle voice. He immediately put the twig down and quietly walked over and crawled into the lap of a small, petite, dark-skinned woman who began to lovingly stroke his head.

" He has cancer that has been triggered by the nuclear disaster plant ". She said. " My name is Jane Goodyall; what's yours ? "

" Monty Pylon " ; He said half blushing. " What's his story ? "

" We found him fighting off the last of a rogue group of renegade males who had killed all of his family but a baby and an injured female who has adopted him. " The radiation from the site and the cleanup from the construction and rebuilding has destroyed the food source they all used. The Tsunami destroyed the refudge. They are just trying to survive. " Jane said.

" How is the rest of the group ? " Monty asked. " Are they bonding? Do you think they will be ready? "

" They actually get on quite well. Better than most people. They face life and challenges more heroically than we do. " They'll be ready. " She said.

" Here. " He said. Handing over the small chip. " The mindmeld hats will be brought over with the rest of the chips later. This is the prototype for the test hat you already have. " Great job your doing."

" They would have done the same for us. It's our respondsibility. " She said.

" I must go now." He said. " We'll have more later."

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

EARTH STATE
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ON PROPOSED EARTH RADIATION REGULATIONS

Location of Hearing:......Star Monkey Cafe
Date and Time of Hearing:......March Fourth at Noonish

Proposed Regulation (ERR, 666(CB)2012.1)

1. Provide---

... A. That Earth State or a local agency administering radiation planning will take all reasonable measures to ascertain the legal liabilities of said monkey keepers (including such tote-smoking simians as may be designated hereinbefore ad nauseum).

...B. That the collection of sufficient information (as specified by the primary president in cognito) is to enable the Earth State to pursue prelates for primates whose information was collected at the time of determination of the redetermination, integrated and monitored by the Earth State in toto finitu tata.

...C. That any case where radiation is found, Earth State is responsible for response under plans and rules to take effect upon the recertification of expert recertification officers entitled to accept surface to surface written requirements under subsection KQED of these regulations, give or take one or two provisions to be vetoed by the executive upon acceptance by the populace in attendance at the time of democratic voting.

:roll:
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

[Aside:...My contribution is a bit staid, and I'm hoping it hasn't got the chops to put the kabosh on this thread. Enjoying the progress of the story.]

[Another Aside...Have you looked up the awful definition of your first name at Urban Dictionary dot com? ewww!]

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

CarmelaBear and anyone interested.

You kindness and concern to be helpful are definitely appreciated. Your posts are just fine and we could probably use a lawyer if you are game. ( You know the bad guys are always up to no good and will use any means at their disposal to obtain their ends. :wink: )

This is just a creative thing to have fun with that Al ingeniously came up with. ( All my charactors are referenced word-plays on well known comedic or sci-fi figures that could be used in or out of contex yet fit in a whimsical inter-play with each other. For instance Monty Pylon is an alias for Monty Python; Jane Goodyall is substituted for Jane Goodall - ( respectfully of course ). Many of the others are mixed-up pieces put together from Star Wars or a word play similar to the Laurel and Hardy skit " Whose On First ", and anything humorous that might inspire spirited images or dialogue exchange. ( You get the idea. )

Al has some simple guidelines he has posted at the beginning of the thread so that things run smoothly and fairly. You post as you have time and feel the creative urge. I'm sure the legal profession has wonderful possibilities. So consider yourself invited along with anyone else that would enjoy some good-hearted fun. :lol:

Cheers :D
Last edited by JamesN. on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

When Monty got back to the compound there was a note waiting for him. ( Monty was always nervous when he recieved written communication. Usually it meant bad news. )

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

As Jane stroked Tarz; ( which was short for Tarzan ); she could hear him anxiously sigh in pain as the marijuana was beginning to wear off. They had been running low on medicine for his treatment so they had become creative in efforts to ease his suffering. She picked up the little stick he had dropped earlier; lit it; and handed it to him. He began to smoke it and relax.

As she looked across the playhouse compound yard she saw desolation, destruction, bare concrete and asphalt. There had been so much suffering that they had tried to ease; and now the radiation was contaminating everything. There had been limited efforts at clean up; but only one thing green remained: The Lone Tall Pine from the old forrest. It had become a symbol of their struggle; but even it was dying. Her heart was so heavy in despair and then an old familiar voice called to her. " Seeds we have saved from this our brother of the forrest ". He said.

" Yo You ". Said Jane. " It 's so good to see you again; it's been so long".

" Yes my young student; you have grown and become yourself instead of someone else. My heart is glad ". He said.

" Others have come and are gathering soon. HaSo; Simon; and perhaps a new face or two. There are things new; both sad and good; and our time is moving in the stillness of now. Convergence is soon. "

As Jane looked with fond affection at her old mentor; another voice summoned their attention. " It's time to start assembling the group. A new element has emerged that needs our attention ". It was Ya Ho.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

As Monty walked across the compound he saw Ya Ho, Simon, Yo You, and the Steampunk crew gathering. He hollered out: " I just got an important message from the Master squad leader telling me we have a radiation hotspot near the ship. He thinks it has contaminated the DiLithium Crystal Core and caused a bad reaction with the integrity of the Hard Drive Data Base. It will have to be replaced so I must leave right away if I'm to return in time for the re-install to have the ship ready; plus I will need to get some parts for the freight tanker engine mounts and storage tank insulation for the nuclear waste if we are going to have all this ready in time for monkey-goat distraction raid. If we can take out the spent nuclear fuel rods from the plant and the rest of the contaminated materials while the distraction raid is taking place; we have a small window of opportunity to take out the whole " Way Clan " in one fell swoop; as well as dispose of all this poisonious material in the tanker ship by auto-piloting it towards the sun to burn it up. Great plan Yo You ! " " It is The Way in the distance of maybe ". He said

Ya Ho looked at everyone and said: " Any questions? " " Everyone know what to do? " Simon pulled out his Mind Hat and put the new chip in. " We haven't even had a test run in these things yet." " Are they gonna work? " " And what about the monkeys riding the goats and mind-melding with us ? "

" Don't you even worry about them; they'll be on top of their game better than you will. " Said Jane; walking towards the group. " Tarz is especially looking forward to this."

" OK Monty; take off now and we'll have everything ready when you get back." Monty put the new jetless pack back on. " Hot Dog; I love this thing. " He said.

Ha So had been quiet up till now. He looked at the rest of the Steampunk Squad and said: " What are we waiting for? " " We've got a lot of work to do. "

Meanwhile Yo You, Simon and Jane began making plans about taking out the " Way Clan ".

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

It's raining Nispa Flither Rain today. Must have something to do with the plans concerning the Way Clan. Can't really think of any other explanation....

Just saying....

:arrow:

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

The (prototype) secret weapon/radiation diffuser was revealed -

And then the first note of the revolution was strummed...

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

:shock:

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

Leaked photos of an abducted crew member - this is propaganda, it is believed...
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck