Photographs and gallery quick links

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Photographs and gallery quick links

Post by ALOberhoulser »

I just ran across this site - http://500px.com/ - it is full of some great photography collections. WARNING - there are some nudes within the galleries of individual photographers on the website.

This photo led me to the 500px site:

gizmodo article

But I thought this thread might serve as a place to share our own photos as well as those that we might find while surfing the web...

comments welcome...
Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

around the world with just an iPhone 4S to capture photos
Photographer, Lisa Bettany is setting off on an around the world with just an iPhone 4S to capture photos for her first travel photography book. Inspired by the freedom and creativity of iPhoneography, Lisa is leaving her expensive professional camera gear at home for the adventure of a lifetime.
She's only on the first leg - in the far East - some amazing photos of Asian life & culture! 8)

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory gallery!!

A long, solar prominence that rotated into view almost two weeks ago finally became disorganized and broke away into space forming a nifty large loop as it did (Nov. 21-23, 2011). NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) watched in extreme ultraviolet light as the magnetic forces that tethered it in place gradually became unstable, the prominence began to crumble, and eventually lifted off. The Sun is becoming more active as it approaches the solar maximum expected in 2013.
WAY COOL!!

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.
~Max Planck

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

~Max Planck

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

jonsjourney
Associate

Post by jonsjourney »

Thanks for sharing this stuff Al...really cool...and not so cool.
"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." -Douglas Adams

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

That Gallery of "abandonment & urban decay" is haunting, isn't it?

Reminded me of Campbell's quote - "The World's a mess" :!:

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

This is REALLY COOL - especially if you have never been to Utah or the Rocky Mountains!! Check it out!!

http://www.utah3d.net/
~Max Planck

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser wrote:around the world with just an iPhone 4S to capture photos
Photographer, Lisa Bettany is setting off on an around the world with just an iPhone 4S to capture photos for her first travel photography book. Inspired by the freedom and creativity of iPhoneography, Lisa is leaving her expensive professional camera gear at home for the adventure of a lifetime.
She's only on the first leg - in the far East - some amazing photos of Asian life & culture! 8)
I just wanted to bump this post up because she has been travelling for another few weeks and the photos are just amazing (especially considering they are taken with the iPhone & edited in the Camera+ app).

Really great photos from a woman who seems to be appreciative of the opportunity and following her bliss :D

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Hey Al.

The link you provided on this Artist is great. He really seems to be a very talented representation of what is happening in the " Visual Arts " now. I especially like his ability to connect with the viewer as though you were seeing through his eyes; suggestive of certain themes; yet leaving enough room for your own personal interpretation. The effect of combining the different technologies; mediums; and art forms; ( each complimenting the other ); is especially powerful. And along with his images he skillfully projects his subject matter in a way that evokes that kind of state of " asthetic arrest " Joe talks about in the Power of Myth. ( At least to me. ) It also seems to invite you outward and onward towards your own contemplation as well.

Thanks Al; Hauntingly beautiful! 8)
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne