Invitation to share an Orpheus experience on March 30, 2013

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

DebraLeighScott
Associate

Invitation to share an Orpheus experience on March 30, 2013

Post by DebraLeighScott »

There is an event which I would like to propose to fellow associates. It is being held at The United Palace in Washington Heights, NYC, at 176th and Broadway, and is called "Enchanting Your Life by Reclaiming the Soul's Gift of Artistry". The event will take place March 30 from 1 to 4 p.m., and will include African/Shamanic drumming and dance, an interactive discussion of the significance of the myth of Orpheus in our lives, and the way Orpheus symbolizes the creative urge, the artist, in each of us. Then, there will be a guided meditation wherein we all will experience the journey of Orpheus - into the underworld and back again. Finally, there will be a discussion of the entire experience. I think this promises to be an exciting and transformative experience, lead by a lifelong scholar of mythology, Xavier Eikerenkoetter. Xavier is also a shamanic drummer, musician, composer and a transpersonal psychologist.

http://unitedpalace.org/index.php/event ... f-artistry

The suggested donation is just that -- suggested. Xavier has made it clear that NO one will be turned away from this event - and that he is much more eager to have an event filled with like-minded mythology lovers, and to build community for this sort of experience. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I would be happy to help! My email is debraleighscott@gmail.com and I hope to see many of you at this event on March 30. I will be there.