A Skeleton Key to Finnegans Wake

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Overmanwarrior
Associate

A Skeleton Key to Finnegans Wake

Post by Overmanwarrior »

I just have to thank those in the Foundation for the reprint of the Skeleton Key. I'm at a place in my life where I'm ready for it, and it would not have been possible without this Foundation. Holding it in my hands right now is a real treasure that I had been thinking about for a very long time.

tonyd
Associate

Post by tonyd »

These four CD's cover the main themes of the text and provide a lot of insights. It is such a dense text that it can be nice to listen to it in snatches in the car.

Have to admit there is a big section in the middle of the Wake that I could not engage with. Have found an eccentric website, www.fweet.org which am going to use to look up references next time round.

While Ulysses is centered on Dublin City, the Wake is set in its hinterland, in particular along the course of the River Liffey aka Anna Livia Plurabelle. I did up a photo slideshow of places with the appropriate quotations. May, or may not, be of help.
Tony D.
Fare Forward