Original Works

Discussion of Joseph Campbell's work with an emphasis on the personal creative impulse as well as the sociological role of the artist in today's global community.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

AL,

Feeling it helps.
It is safe to trust how it feels.

The songs take us outside of time.
Space gives way.

Limits have to let us go,
because consciousness
will not be contained.

There will open a new line of sight
that one has never imagined before.

When you go through it,
the blues morph into dream.

Imagine.
Live the music.

We're here.
Not far at all.

In the mystery,
Carmela

~

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Riley (2001-2014)

His spirit went on ahead, making way.
He runs over sweet grass,
Splashes in Lethe’s soft current,
Young, strong once more,
Shakes diamonds from rippling fur,
Looks back
And sits.
He will stay for me.
He will stay.

Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Clemsy; I am so sorry my friend. They enrich our lives so much and reach a place deep inside of us that few ever know. Truly one of the most special experiences of life.

Namaste
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Indeed, James. Indeed.His unconditional love and loyalty is sorely missed. He was my best friend.

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

I'm so very sorry to hear about Riley, Clemsy. You're in my thoughts. :(
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Thank you, Cindy.
Last edited by Clemsy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

A Riley story?

~

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

:-)

I will, Carmela. Thank you for asking. Right now I have much homework mocking me from the dining room table.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

For Clemsy: ( Your beautiful poem has haunted me for 2 days. I thought this humble offering might resonate with anyone who has had loss. )

REMEMBERANCE

When I am low you come to me

to soothe my heart in reverie

Through memory's song so bright and clear

Of all that's shared so close and dear

And all that's true that I have known

Of season's past my life has shown

The veil of tears dims not it's glow

But lives within for me to know

What I have loved and in me still

That stays with me through time to fill

Reflected in the life I spend

And waits for me at journey's end.

Namaste

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Clemsy wrote::-)

I will, Carmela. Thank you for asking. Right now I have much homework mocking me from the dining room table.
8)

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Thank you, James.

~

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

The Brief Life of Lohwatine Tyffe (2117-2382)

"I discarded the chaff from my thoughts, and created at the speed of a double whirlwind", he explained, when asked about how he built thousands of cityscapes on the Kuiper Strand. He died prematurely and suddenly when his brain interface failed to reintegrate following an accidental fall while cane twirling down Mount Destry. He was on holiday since completing the dome of Biolane Bay.

His wife and colleagues praised his exuberance and vitality. He maintained several simultaneous careers, homes, and love affairs, surrounding himself with many others who were similarly accomplished. "His education and apprenticeship required less than a century, and he had only begun to touch the surface of his potential", according to the Dean of Harvard College.

His investigation into the most efficient designs for asteroid communities began at only 43 years of age, and his protofixtures won the top prize at the New York Starfire Awards. Most recently, he led the fight to preserve the ruins of the original asteroid colonies founded in the 21st century. Several museums of settlement artifacts are named after Mr. Tyffe. His team of archeologists discovered the earliest tablet computers, presently on display at the Mars Smithsonian.

His challenges influenced his choices of work and recreation. He lost his left hand in his thirteenth year, when he was trying out for a position in the bomb tech division at early school. Some say his brain regeneration implant failed to accept the bioprosthetic, but he had to use a robotic hand for over twenty years before he could have his biologically sensitive hand installed. This gave him a special affinity to naturally harmonious aster-urban community models.

He gave special attention to the work of Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung and George Lucas, guiding the methodology and research publications of the Earth Center for Myth and Symbol. His psychological studies informed the architecture associated with industrial comfort zones on asteroids. The umbrellatium was one of his first patent inventions, followed in rapid succession by a number of other technological innovations based on study findings.

As the author of several myth-based books on futuristic mind inventions, he catalogued the visual release series for young symbiotics. His foundation is preparing to share the proceeds of his work with the New Beijing Astronaut College on Jade Row. New graduates are among the first harvest travellers.

He overcame a number of personality disorders before he took his first of several professorships related to his careers in the humanities and social sciences. His motto appears on the Medal of Health and Happiness. "Search, Find and Be Astounded".

°°°

(This fictional vita is inspired by a real one in the March-April, 2014 issue of Harvard Magazine.)
Last edited by CarmelaBear on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

I remember something my grandmother said to me concerning Mark Twain: " You can always hear him chuckling between the lines ".

Nicely done Carmela!
:wink:

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Poor Tyffe.

~

FDamkar
Associate

Post by FDamkar »

So the first piece here is a portrait of a model, who, quoted by my instructor, looks like Marlon Brando from The Godfather. *laughs*

The second original work I want to post is a poem that I did some time ago.

------------
Sometimes I feel like I'm a speck of dust, flowing in the wind.

Searching. Searching.

Searching for a flower to call my own, to live off of it, to call home and bring peace into my heart from its colors, its warmth, its precious life giving qualities. But then I find out that it has been taken by the protector of the flowers, the bees who leech off of it, who need it more so than I do, to drink the sweet nectar, to bring it for its fellow bees, to protect all life.

And then I fly away, feeling lost again. I wander once more until I find another flower, one I call finally call my own that no one has laid claim to.

Searching. Searching.

The search goes forever on, never ending, never ceasing, always wandering.
----------------

A/N: The poem was partly inspired by the film The Searchers because of the way John Wayne's character is a searcher, and a lot of us, if not all of us, are always searching for something until we find whatever it is we are looking for.