Call for Help! (Call to Adventure?)

Are you looking for a quotation that you can't quite place? Trying to track down a hard-to-find publication? Here, folks can help you find the answers, or discuss ways for you to discover them for yourself.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

David_Kudler
Working Associate

Call for Help! (Call to Adventure?)

Post by David_Kudler »

(Duplicated from the Complete Lectures forum)

To satisfying your requests, we are doing our best to get the remaining lectures in Series I and II of the Joseph Campbell Audio Collection out in a timely fashion.

In order to do this we need some help.

One of the most time-consuming steps in the process of preparing these recordings for download is creating an accurate transcript, both for posting on the site, and (more importantly) for allowing our editors to work on the recording and to separate it into tracks.

That's where you come in! We need volunteers to help us transcribe these wonderful lectures. Each lecture is between 50 and 90 minutes. The transcription is somewhat time-consuming, as I said, but is rewarding, and you can complete it at your own pace.

You would be the first associate to get to listen to these new recordings, you would get the satisfaction of helping to bring them to the public—and you would a copy of the final product, not just of the lecture you worked on, but of the complete volume on which you worked!

If you would like to be one of our magical helpers, please respond here or email me at publications@jcf.org

Thanks![/b]
David Kudler<br>Publications<br>Joseph Campbell Foundation<br>publications at jcf dot org

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Hi David,

I'm willing to give it a shot. Just let me know what I need to do . :D
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

David_Kudler
Working Associate

Post by David_Kudler »

Neoplato wrote:Hi David,

I'm willing to give it a shot. Just let me know what I need to do . :D
Thanks, Neo! We really appreciate it. I'll get something to you in the next few days.

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

One of the most time-consuming steps in the process of preparing these recordings for download is creating an accurate transcript, both for posting on the site, and (more importantly) for allowing our editors to work on the recording and to separate it into tracks.
David,
It really sounds interesting; I think you'll provide a special link and we'll download the recording from there?

David_Kudler
Working Associate

Post by David_Kudler »

Ercan2121 wrote: David,
It really sounds interesting; I think you'll provide a special link and we'll download the recording from there?
Yes. The recordings are too large, obviously, to email.

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

Thanks for the PM, David :)

Drewby923
Associate

Happy to help- if help is still needed :)

Post by Drewby923 »

Hello. Pretty new here but I enjoy Campbell's studies and lectures immensely. Would you still require help with this project?
-Drew

dominicpetrillo
Associate

Post by dominicpetrillo »

I am interested in helping.
How do we begin?
-Domenico

The Mythic Huntress
Associate

Post by The Mythic Huntress »

Hey Gaias!!

Just fyi FIVERR.COM has people transcribing things for really cheap as well! It's a phenomenal resource of people all over the planet offering work for quite cheap. :P