Thoughts on Posting

Are you looking for a quotation that you can't quite place? Trying to track down a hard-to-find publication? Here, folks can help you find the answers, or discuss ways for you to discover them for yourself.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Neoplato
Associate

Thoughts on Posting

Post by Neoplato »

Near the end of "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle are some words on "conflict". (Since I joined the meetup group I thought I should at least read the book :wink: ).
I feel that everyone should keep these thoughts in mind while posting; I'm trying to do my best. :)
When you become involved in an argument or some conflict situation, start by observing how defensive you become as your own position is attacked, or feel the force of your own aggression as you attack the other person's position. Observe the attachment to your own views and opinions. Feel the mental-emotional energy behind your need to be right and make the other person wrong. That's the energy of the egoic mind. You make it conscious by acknowledging it, by feeling it as fully as possible. Then one day, in the middle of an argument, you will suddenly realize that you have a choice, and you may decide to drop your own reaction- just to see what happens.
Again...just a thought. :|
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Good one Neo...
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

ALOberhoulser
Associate

Post by ALOberhoulser »

fitting, neo :wink:

LOVE this:
Observe the attachment to your own views and opinions. Feel the mental-emotional energy behind your need to be right and make the other person wrong. That's the energy of the egoic mind.
3rd chakra??? :twisted:

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Wow! I wrote that? :wink:

All kidding aside, everyone formulates opinions over their life which are hard to let go. However, counterpoints should be considered to expand understanding. Strict "belief" does not yield a healthy mind.
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.