"We're always living a myth". in need of quote a

Are you looking for a quotation that you can't quite place? Trying to track down a hard-to-find publication? Here, folks can help you find the answers, or discuss ways for you to discover them for yourself.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

judithfeldman
Associate

Post by judithfeldman »

thank you, James! i was just thinking that same thing....that i must watch the video again, start to finish, in search of the quote. i think it's there as well....and you, sir, are a messenger to get me to do just that! :) Judith

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Hey Judith;

I must add here also that for those of us who are immersed in the material as you and certainly everyone else on this thread are; this sort of quote misplacement is not all that uncommon. And speaking for myself; it happens more often than I would like to admit; although there are many on these forums who are much more versed on his work than I here. I would also add I have a tendency to indulge myself with just the sort exercise you have mentioned to refresh my memory with the extra admission that I just really enjoy his work. ( It seems to re-enforce my general overall understanding in a kind of simplistic " gestaultish-primer " attempt if that doesn't sound too convoluted or far-fetched. ) Furthermore I might add I have several works that I do this with on a somewhat semi-regular basis. ( Gosh; I really must seem rather self-absorbed here. :lol: ) Which brings me to yet another possible suggestion of two these works which covers some of the same material: " The Hero's Journey "; ( both book and DVD ); and Diane Osbon's " Refections on the Art of Living - A Joseph Campbell Companion ". If you have any of these then possibly there might be a place to check.

At any rate I certainly wish you well in your " Quest "; ( sorry I just couldn't resist that familiar reference :wink: ).

Hope some of this helps;
Cheers
:)
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

judithfeldman
Associate

Post by judithfeldman »

thank you. i continue my search... and, as you say, pick up more good stuff along the way. :)

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Boy, do I feel dumb. Others may, too, in a moment...

Go to the Index Page. Read the forum description for Exploring Your Personal Mythology.

:P
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

judithfeldman
Associate

Post by judithfeldman »

did i truly transpose the thought into my own vernacular? could be. Cindy, you are a great source -- a great set of eyes.

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Hardly, Judith, over five months passed before the quote caught my eye again. :P

Anyway, you may have read this elsewhere, too, who knows, but this I do know--now none of us will ever forget the source of that Campbell quote. :mrgreen:
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

judithfeldman
Associate

Post by judithfeldman »

LOL

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Haha! That's hysterical! Ooops! :-)
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas