Memories from "Fortress Europe"

Do you have a conversation topic that doesn't seem to fit any of the other conversations? Here is where we discuss ANYTHING about Joseph Campbell, comparative mythology, and more!

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Valkyrie801
Associate

Memories from "Fortress Europe"

Post by Valkyrie801 »

[Moved from the German Language Forum. Martin_Weyers]

I am new.
This is all in German.
I wrote in German once...

Called automatic writing?
several pages by hand.

My mother is German.
She still speaks English with a German accent.

78 years old and still going.

I know this is some kind of computer glitch.

I am valkyrie_8@msn.com

Please if you know Englisher respond,

Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers »

Hello Valkyrie, welcome to the JCF forums! Yes, this is the German language forum. We created several foreign language forums for our international asscoiates. However, people with English as native tongue, who like to discuss things in a foreign language, are welcome here too, of course. If you want to join the English conversations, please visit the English part of the Conversations of a Higher Order. They are located on top of the forum index page.
Works of art are indeed always products of having been in danger, of having gone to the very end in an experience, to where man can go no further. -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Valkyrie801
Associate

Post by Valkyrie801 »

We were on a forested crossroads just north of the Boscage country outside Normandy. The allies established a beachhead, and now breached the Furhers "Fortress Europe".
I was sitting beside the road talking with the captain of my panzer-grenadiers while his men filed past us to our assembly point. Walking among these soldiers was a five man panzer crew in black waffen ss tunics. There was only another Panzer unit in this area that was part of the 501st Schwere. They were walking faster then the other men, and obviously heading to their vehicle. Earlier from that direction I had walked through a platoon {four tanks} of heavy Tiger I, camouflaged under some trees on either side of the road.
The five men walked quickly in single file through the other battle weary soldiers who were ambling down the road. The last man in this column was shorter then the rest. He was about 5'4".
A very tall grenadier who hefted a machine-gun on his shoulder took note of this little panzer crewman. As the smaller man rushed past him the taller man reached out, and knocked the shorter mans panzer kepi onto the ground. The smaller man stopped and turned. He looked up at the tall grenadier. He went over to the tall machine gunner, swung back, and when he threw his punch I watched as the shorter man’s feet literally left the ground, as his fist impacted right square on the taller mans chin! The upward force of this punch popped the stalhelm right off this mans head, and he fell knocked out cold!
The Panzer crewman then picked up his cap from the ground, smacked the road dust off it on his thigh, put on and straightened his cap, and then turned to catch up with the rest of his crew.
My grenadier captain leaped to his feet and went over to the downed man whose comrades were helping by pulling him to the side of the road. My captain was enraged! I heard him mutter, “How dare that little panzer crewman hit one of the men who are here to protect his precious panzer!”
I liked this Hauptman Grenadier. There was a camaraderie and loyalty in this unit.
I was now following my Grenadier's Captain who was on his way to give that panzer crewman a piece of his mind. We got to where the Tiger tanks were hidden beneath the canopy of trees. That crew that had filed passed us was just mounting their panzer, and that small man was about to enter into his tank through the commander’s copula when he saw us approaching.
That man stood straight up upon the turret of his monstrous tank. He placed his fists at his hips, and looked at us menacingly. This man small in stature was obviously the commander of this Tiger, and in fact commanded this platoon of all four Tiger tanks parked here.
My Grenadier's Captain looked at me and I just shook my head, indicating to him that we had better not start anything. "Shies-sen!" my captain said under his breath, as he started back down the road to where we had been.
As I watched this little panzer commander disappear into his gigantic vehicle I suddenly recognized who he was!
I ran after my Captain who had gotten to his men at the side of the road. The tall machine gunner was back on his feet. The grenadier's Captain hollered at him to go and retrieve his helmet out of the road. The man staggered, and then jumped to getting his stahlhelm. He returned snapping to attention as he put his helmet back on. The Captain looked him up and down, and grunted, "Good!” and continued, “As for the Panzer Hauptsturmfuhrer, you got what you deserved! He could have you court marshaled!”
A messenger from the command post pulled up on a bicycle and asked, “Hauptsturmfurher Wenct?” I nodded affirmatively, and the young boy in a man’s uniform simply pointed in the direction he came. He announced, “The GeneralOberst wants you!”
To the dismay of this young lad I requisitioned his bicycle and left him in the capable hands of my captain. I rode for the command post.
I report in at the command post, and GeneralOberst Sep greets me, hands me a set of orders. He turns heading for the exit of the CP and says “Come on Kid’ I want you to meet someone.” The next thing I know I am following the general down the road to the place where the Tiger Tanks were parked.
We walk right to the Command Panzer, and the Captain of the vehicle leaps off the deck to land at attention before the General. “At ease, Hauptsturmfurher.” Sep said to him. “Get me your map, and set me up a table over here.” The Captain had a folding table and chair ready, and set them up as ordered.
Sep sat, spread the map on the table, and went over our assignment.
Being Hitler’s personal body guard has it’s perks. “GeneralOberst” is a rank Sep came up with himself. You have heard of a Major General? Well, “GeneralOberst made Sep a Colonel General! He was a Drill Sargent in the First War.
Sep had the authority to requisition the platoons he needed from the Regimental Command Units of the other ss Panzer Divisions. This would unite the Knights in Shining Armor of the different Panzer Divisions, and create cohesive fighting units for several engagements.

When the General answered our questions, and began folding the map he said, “Oh,” and he turned to his captain and said, “Hauptsturmfurher Wittmann, allow me to introduce you to Hauptsturmfurher Wenct.”
We just stood there looking at each other, wanting to see who would extend a hand of friendship first. Nothing happened, and Sep stood up, and Wittmann and I both came to attention. Sep saluted and said, “Oh’ well, Ill just leave it to you two boys to work it out.” And he left.
I offered Wittmann a cigarette, and do you know what he said to me?
“I don’t want your Shiesen-Kopf cigarettes.”
Hauptsurmfurher Wittmann had just told me what his whole unit, all the other ss divisions, and the whole German Army thought of us.
I was attached to the regimental command unit of the 3rd SS PZ. DV. “Das Totenkopf” The Death’s Head. The other panzer divisions all called us ‘Das Shiesen-Kopf”, or, “The Shit Heads”.
I walked away with a photographic impression of the map coordinates. My Panzer Ace with the chip on his shoulder was going to get a lesson in warfare, Valkyrie style!
It was late afternoon and I figured just enough time to “Spot” my position. Our assignment would commence at 5:00 AM. the following morning.
I hopped on the bicycle and set out to the crossroad we were to defend. This was the same place I witnessed Wittman KO the grenadier. This mission only called for Wittmann’s Panzer and my own, as there just was not enough of us to go around. Sep had to spread us thin in order to cover our positions along an ever-changing front.
I was soon cycling through a beautiful French forest on a sunny afternoon. The road was empty now, and I was taking my chances, and as far as I knew this was still behind our lines, but likely not for long.
A north south road intersecting West. On the Eastside it was a forested slope that led to some bottomland that was nothing but mud. There was a stone cottage right there facing west at the base of the three-way crossroad. Across from this was a large grassy triangle that pointed east along the intersecting road and was the base of a ridgeline that emerged at that spot and created this east facing slope along the road North.
There was an area in front of the cottage where one could park a tank to defend the roads South and West, while one could park ones tank on the large grassy triangle across from this and defend the road going Northeast along the line of the hillside.
I noted with great interest that the cottage was only partially bombed out. It was on the edge of that eastern slope, and had been built into that hillside. It had a basement, but this was impossible to tell without close inspection.
The next morning I arrived at the crossroad and as I expected Wittmann has arrived first, and taken the prime position facing west as the road opened up into some pasture land that was perfect for luring and killing allied tanks. This was the way the allies would likely come.
Now I ordered my driver to maneuver our panzer into position to cover the North and East, and the best place to do it was on that grassy triangle.
The ground was spongy but not muddy, and the tank settled in to position. We calibrated our cannon sights up that North approach. The ridge rose from directly behind us, effectively covering our rear end. We couldn’t see the West road behind us, but there before us Wittmann’s Tiger sat in front of the cottage with his cannon tube aimed due west down that road. The muzzle of that 88 was quite close to the right forward section of our panzer. I did not like this arrangement, but nothing could be done.
It was getting light when Wittmann radios for me to come over. He’s the Ace, so I yield.
My Gunner and I go over there, and Wittmann is deadly serious as he shows us drawings of the British Cromwell Tank. We talk briefly about it, as this was the kind heading our way, and we heard it had a new 75-mm cannon. I laughed and said shaking my head negatively, “It looks like the ones they used in North Africa, and we came across some of them in the east. The “Crusader” tank. Fast and maneuverable with poor armament and armored protection.” Wittmann looked at me and scoffed “Africa Corps?” I just shrugged my shoulders. He was the Ace, not me. Got all his accolades on the Russian front. Actually I had a kill count close to his, but I would credit it to my gunners in order to advance their careers.
I did not care to be a propaganda celebrity of the Nazi Party. Whittmann did not care for it either, but he did what he was told better then I.
We examined our fields of fire. There was a tall tree in the way of Wittmann traversing his cannon to his three o’clock position to cover the North approach. I pointed this out to him, and he just looked at me and replied, “You cover the North and East approach, I cover the South and West!”
I knew what was going to happen in advance, but I shall describe it as it happens. It is about 7:00 AM when Wittmann radios me he has two targets on the western approach. They are behind me, and out of my line of fire. I can still see what’s happening, I image it, and in my minds eye I can see what is behind me, two Cromwells down the road. Wittmann opens fire, and one of the British tanks is stopped, and it explodes. Now the second British tank crew knows it is up against a large caliber anti tank cannon, and they stealthily remain behind the burning wreak which now hides them.
My driver now calls me on the intercom, “Hauptmann!” I turn my attention to the Northern approach and there only several kilometers away I see the first of a column of tanks. I crouch in the coupola because Wittman is still firing at the second Cromwell. This was less than 20 yards away from me to my center right, and being so close beside an 88mm PAK Panzer Abwehr-Kanone when it is firing is a very unpleasant experience.
I use my field glasses, and it appears what is coming down the road is a line of tanks that is snaking away behind the trees to the Northeast. I tell my crew, “It looks like a battalion” as I tap my loaders shoulder meaning I want him to load armor piercing.
At once the Gunner contacts me, “Hauptmann! I can not get a clear shot! The Sun is rising in the Cannon sights! I radio Wittmann, and inform him that we are about to be attacked in force from the North Road.
The British spotted Wittmann’s Tiger. They took up a firing line position on an angle across the road about 1200 yards from Wittmann who facing west was offering them a ¾ view broadside shot. They lined up on an angle from the side of the slope that met the road and trailed off to the ledge on the right side. First five, then six Cromwells lined themselves up to fire.
Whittman now traversed his turret to the left to engage the enemy,
And could not bring his cannon to bare because the muzzle was stopped by a tree in the way!
And then it began. The first six British tanks fired in perfect sequence, and sparks flew as Whittmann’s Tiger took all six hits on his turret side, cannon mantelet, and the port side of his front plate. I order my gunner to fire, and he reminds me of the sun in the sights. I order the driver to reposition the vehicle so we can get a clear shot, and The British open fire in sequence with a seventh Cromwell joining the firing line.
Once again sparks are flying as that Tiger Tank is deflecting and absorbing all seven hits. I Order, “Target the last Cromwell on that firing line so Tommy can not bring any more of them up”, The gunner calls back, “On Target” and instinctively fires. The Cromwell furthest from us explodes effectively blocking the road from the rest of the battalion. My loader instinctively loads another armor piercing.
Wittmann orders his driver to reverse to get the cannon clear of the tree. I see this happening, and scream into the COM link to Wittmann, “NO! DON”T REVERSE!” but it was too late. That Tiger backed into the cottage. It got half way in and the floor gave way, That 58 ton Tiger Tank was now rear ended over a straight ledge with a twelve foot drop backwards into the basement of the cottage.
The front end of that huge tank was lifting into the air. It was balanced on a straight ledge that was threatening to snap the track. Whittmans driver was giving full throttle just to keep that beast in position. I ordered our driver, “Quick, get us between the Tiger and the enemy!”
My driver got our 45 ton Panther tank off the triangle onto the road between the Cromwells and the Tiger. The Cromwells fire in perfect sequence, only this time our panzer is taking the hits. The 75mm shells bounce of the main hull plate, but one is deflected into the rounded shot trap of my Cannon mantlet, and it then deflects through the front deck roof into the forward compartment between my driver and radio operator. This destroys our communications system.
There is a lot of smoke and my driver and radio operator open their hatches. I yell at them, “Are you alright?” They are coughing. I now grab our loaders shoulder and start pulling him out indicating I want him to follow me. I yell to my gunner, “Fire at will!” The lead Cromwell is first jolted, then explodes completely.
We both exit out of the coupola, and climb down to the forward deck to find my Driver is bandaging my radio operators severely injured left arm. I signal the driver motioning with my fist to get the engine to full throttle and wait. We both jump off the tank and we remove the tow cable from the port side of our vehicle, and having done this before he immediately hooks his end of the cable to the starboard towing loop on our Panther’s rear.
As I approached that precariously perched Tiger, I was sure that because of the stress on the tracks they would just snap and the Panzer would tip over backwards into that basement. I hooked into the starboard towing loop on the front of that Tiger, and ran back yelling to my loader who signaled my driver to put our Panther in gear. We leaped for cover on the triangle.
Our tank pulled Wittmann off the ledge. As soon as this happened his driver gunned that 58 ton beast around ours to barrel toward the enemy. The Tiger was still connected to the Panther, which got pulled sideways with a jolt. When that woven steel cable snapped it whipped into the air snapping like a bullwhip.
Something I learned from Hauptsturmfurher Wittmann this day was the use of the ‘Shock Value” of our equipment. Our tanks were bigger then the western allies.
The Cromwells fired off a volley of shots wildly when they saw this massive Tiger tank bearing down on them at full speed. That engine roared as Wittmann rammed his Tiger tank right into the firing line of Cromwells. The Cromwell that took the full brunt of the ramming exploded! The British battalion commander was in the tank next to this one, and in panic he orders that whole battalion to withdraw! He has no knowledge yet that he is pinned in by the Cromwells the Tiger has plowed together.
These Tommies were something! One by one their tanks turned 180’ and that column reassembled going beside itself in the opposite direction! My loader and I re-mounted our panzer and we pulled up to the left of Whittmann’s Tiger. When we did this the tank crewman in the remaining 4 Cromwells including the Battalion Commander surrendered on the spot. I yelled over to Wittmann my radio was down, and he should call for the grenadiers.
At this time a tank pulled up beside our Panther from behind us. It was the second Cromwell that hid from Whittmann earlier. They were the advance scouts for this battalion. If that Tommy were more observant on approach he could have knocked out both my Panther and Wittmann’s Tiger from behind!
Instead the commander of that Cromwell turned white when he saw before him his battalion commander standing in the turret with his hands on his head! With the sight of this they chose to surrender as well.
Later that day Wittmann and I were waiting to make our report to the GeneralOberst. Haupsturmfurher Michael Wittmann smiled at me and said,
“Let me have one of those shit-head cigarettes.”

This was the first time I met Hauptsturmfuhrer Michael Wittman. His unit was part of the First SS Panzer Division, Der Leibstandarte "Adolph Hitler" which was the Fuhrer's own division.
By this time in the war, Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittman had over a thousand enemy tank kills, and up until then all of them Russian!
My unit, Third SS Panzer, "Der Totenkopf" always fought on the left flank of the "Leibstandarte", while "Das Reich" the Second SS Panzer fought on the right flank. We had fought together on the Russian front since before "Kursk" in the summer of 1943. In the end of 43, and the beginning of 1944, we measured the advancement of Soviet Tank Technology by the wreaks they left on the battlefield before us! We had been in many engagements together, but I had never met this fellow Teutonic Knight until now.
We were assigned together for a brief, yet memorable engagement!
Now, every panzer division in the Waffen ss had these “rock stars.” I call them this as they are the ‘Aces” of the respective units representing their Panzer Divisions.
Every Panzer division had a Regimental Command detachment. A Platoon of three to four of the latest Panzer. There was a competition between the Panzer Divisions, and as we saw it we were knights in shinning rolled homogeneous Panzer Armor, and when we went into battle we were jousting with the enemy, anyway that is the wagon load of shit the propaganda pamphlet made me fall for.
The First ss Pz Div. “Das Leibstandart” or “Life Guard” was the first Waffen ss division created by Hitler’s personal bodyguard Sep Dietrich in 1935.
Almost as an after-birth came Heinrich Himmler’s own Waffen ss division.
Himmler was reasonably educated, and quite obviously a member of the Scull + Crossbones Fraternity, as the symbol he chose for his Division would be, “Das Totenkopf”, “The Deaths-Head- Skull+Crossbones.”
Not to be outdone Herman Goring then got his own Division exclusive to the Luftwaffe, and modestly named it after himself.
Being Hitler’s personal body guard has it’s perks. “GeneralOberst” is a rank Sep came up with himself. You have heard of a Major General? Well, “GeneralOberst made Sep a Colonel General! He was a Drill Sargent in the First War. Sep had the authority to requisition the platoons he needed from the Regimental Command Units of the other ss Panzer Divisions. This would unite the Knights in Shining Armor of the different Panzer Divisions, and create cohesive fighting units for several engagements.

Once upon a time God had these two daughters.

Being daughters of God made them Divinity.

They could incarnate into the time-line of Humanity, and have fun impressing the peoples of the earth, the children of God as archetypes because of course they were Gods own daughters, made as archetypes to teach the fledgling humanity of it's own divinity.

Now there came a time in the development of Gods children that The Mighty All-Father had to separate these two daughters of his.
He took them outside the Time Line of Humanity. He sent one North, and the other South.

The one that went north experienced the future of Humanity. She saw what would become of the Children of God should they aspire to their true heritage, and the magnificent wonder and potential for goodness that was in her own heart as Gods Archetypal daughter.

She was to be returned to the Planet Earth at a critical point in Human history. She had experienced the Future of Humanity. A wondrous destiny that bound all her brothers and sisters on earth to a Galactic consciousness of many enlightened space fairing races, and one of which was Humanity itself!

His other daughter was of a rebellious sort. Even though she would not part with her fathers opinion that Humanity was destined for Divinity, she figured it would take allot longer then Gods written destiny, for she knew of humanity's love for warfare, and even participated in it.

She was angered with her father for allowing a patriarchy to develop on the planetary surface.

Now, The All Mother of Creation was of course involved in all this.
Being more wizened then the All-Father
{To his frustration, as a result of Mother making herself first, and then her letting Father take credit for it}...
Well, She of course had faith in both of her daughters.

She gave her blessings to the Daughter God had sent northward. She told her the following most important thing....

"My Child, You have pleased both your Father, and myself in the way you have conducted yourself toward our children, our daughters and sons upon Earth.
It is because of your own heart Father sends you northward into the future of our children.
Your sister does not know this yet, but Father is sending her in the other direction!
Know this! I agree with your sister upon her assessment of Father's agenda!
This is not your fault my child. I agree with you as well! This is why you are to be the one sent northward, into the Future."

The All Mother's daughter asked, "But what of..." inquiring of her sisters mission.
"Silence, child!" The All-Mother gently ordered her daughter. She put her finger upon her daughter’s lips.

She looked into the eyes of her All-Daughter and said,

"There is going to come a time in your mission when all the glorious wonder of what you have seen will not matter to our children on Earth. This is when your sister will find you," and, "You can not understand this now, but you will!"
The All-Father of Creation summoned his second daughter.
She would have been his "First", but being like him she made it a point to disagree with him.

She knelt upon one knee before him, letting the sheave of her sword slide upon the floor behind her.

"Yes, Father."

She knew enough not to ask.

"Michael..." God said to his Daughter.

There was silence for a long time.

"I'm sending you back."

Michael was incredulous.

"So What? You always send me back!
I have seen every battle! It's not going to change anything!"

God said, "This time it will."

Michael said, "I'm supposed to believe that?

Then Mother said,

"Yes."
God sent his second daughter back upon the Time-Line. She had to go back to the beginning.

Michael re-experienced warfare is she knew it.

She always remembered her sister.

Since it was just another do-over, she wondered just how much her sister would fit into all this mess...

One must realize that for Michael's sister it was only the first time.

At the end of the 20th century, and the beginning of the 21st in order to achieve the mission parameters Michael was caught in what one might call a "Moebius Loop".
Over and over she/he was made to relive the same lifetime. She would live her life, and upon death her spirit went right back to the beginning of this same lifetime, and start it all over again!

It took only maybe several thousand years for God's northbound mission to be completed by his first daughter.
She had the advantage of having all of God's good intentions come to fruition right before her eyes, and as archetypal representation of her father actually participate in the development of humanity to God's wondrous expectations.
It was when she tried to return to Eternity that Mother intervened....

"What of your sister?" The All Mother of creation asked.
"And so what of my sister?" she asked naively. "She always tells me what to do!"

Mother answered directly.

"You fulfilled your mission. You see the wonderful destiny in store for Humanity. Michael is still down there. He has relived all of human history from the beginning of the current epoch. The forces of darkness on the Earth have been altering the Time/space continuum. They do this in an effort to prevent the future you have witnessed from happening."

"Michael has been stuck in the current period of Human History, repeating this current incarnation over and over. 1000 times before he has been this one. Now in his 1001 incarnation he has finally achieved the mission parameters."

"He has a story to tell them now. This is all he has left to do. He does not have to do this. He is tired; he wants to come home. In 45,000 years we have never gotten Michael to this point before. Michael has altered the Time/Space continuum, and as a result you saw the outcome on your Mission."

"To them, our Children, well many of them think he is crazy. Because of what he was made to do he has been hospitalized. It pained me so to watch what they did to him, those arrogant monsters with their medications! This was almost as bad as what those Nazi's did to him in the Second World War!"

Michael's sister stood before the All-Mother, and boldly asked,
"Mother, what must I do?"

"It is quite simple, child. You must incarnate in this period of history with Michael, and simply tell them of the future, which awaits them, and it will be Michael who tells them of the past, of everything that has occurred to bring them to this point. The truth has been kept from our children of Earth for far too long."

Valkyrie801
Associate

oh' yes

Post by Valkyrie801 »

I have more if you want it. :wink:

Valkyrie801
Associate

Post by Valkyrie801 »

November 1944 Michael D Wonsower

We received three fresh panzer from the train depot.
I still have my original crew from Normandy, but I have all fresh crews with the other two panzer.
They are kids.
The oldest is 17. I don't have time to get acquainted.

I stand them to attention and holler at them,
"Follow Orders! drivers, if you start taking hits and your commander chickens out drive behind me!
My front is always to the enemy! Understand?" They all snapped in unison, "Jawohl mine Hauptsturmfuhrer!"
I was terribly impressed. I would have to keep a close eye on my chicks and keep them safe.

I traded my experienced gunner and loader for the two young commanders who were obviously disappointed.
They would prove themselves first.

We drove out of the depot to the command post.
It was a large palatial mansion, Louis 14th or something. GeneralOberst "Sep" awaited with my orders.
From the road as we approached I could see him standing at the top of the steps to the entrance-way with map in hand.

There was a loop driveway obviously no one had driven a tank on before. Our tracks demolished the asphalt driveway and churned it up.
My driver skidded the 45 ton vehicle to park at the base of the steps.
"So much for the driveway." said generaloberst Sepp with his usual
"I don't give a shit" attitude.
My men started laughing and I just smiled. It was good they were laughing.

Sepp stepped up onto the track as my radio operator leaned out of his hatch to give him a hand up. He pulled himself on deck and came around the turret to the commanders cupola.

"How-ya doing kid?" said Sep with his gruff grandpa voice.
"Still here." I answered.
GeneralOberst Sepp looked at me and shook his head, "There ain't many left are there kid?" I just looked at him and shrugged my shoulders, "I was never very good at math, but this equation is simple; more and more of them and fewer and fewer of us."
Sepp gave me a tired glance, "You got that right kid." We heard an aircraft near by and everyone was heads up looking for it. Sepp continued, "....It wont be long now."

The general showed me the defencive position we had to hold. It was a bend in the road which came off a forested hill turning from North-South to East-west.
"You only have to hold them as long as you can, if they choose to come down this way. We think they are going to push straight east on the other side of the hill, but if they come this way it leads them back to the train depot, and what's left of 1st Panzer division is waiting to load.
They are in no shape for a fight, and we need to hold the depot until we can all get the hell out of here."

As we went down the road to our position a half-track overloaded with about 18 panzer-grenadiers, our infantry support pulled beside us.
Their commander was a captain I had served with in the east. He was a good man and a courageous officer.
I was glad he was along with us, and not surprised he was still alive.
We came to the turn in the road and right away my second tank, a brand new "Panther" breaks down with a failed transmission.
It's always the transmission! I order the crew to stay with the vehicle to cover our rear.
The half-track pulled off the road beside it for protection.
The panzer-grenadiers dismounted and their captain climbed up to me were I briefed him on our mission.

We turned into the forest as the grenadiers took cover on either side of the road.
They set up three machine-gun nests and laid out their "panzerfausts" which are hand held anti tank weapons.
These men were seasoned veterans.
They were gaunt and tired, but acted in a manner which showed me they still had fight in them.

I pulled the tanks behind a huge fallen tree which gave us a hull down firing position, facing the hill.
It was after seven A.M. From my experience if the Americans were going to attack, it would be exactly at the top of the hour, so it would be 8, or 9 o'clock.
I watched as the captain of the panzer-grenadiers distributed Benzedrine to his men. We had this in place of food.

About 7:30 it started to snow.
There was about an inch on the ground already, and we welcomed this as it was adding to our camouflage. This covered the evidence of our panzer-grenadiers having dug in.
I wanted it to snow harder. I wanted it to snow forever.
Snow had a way of stopping the world.
If they were planning to come this way, maybe they would call it off.
The captain of our infantry support waved to me and cupped his ear.
I listened intently and could hear the sound of vehicles coming from the top of the hill.

We all had a feeling of apprehension. It was a bad defensive position.
If the Americans took up position on the top of the hill and spotted us,
they could pick us off from there and we would be mince-meat.

I radioed the infantry captain to fire on my order,
and told the other panzer get ready for action.
I told the disabled vehicle on the road to stand by, any American vehicles that got passed us would be their target.

At 7:55 the Americans opened up with artillery.
105mm rounds began impacting and exploding before us at the base of the hill.
This was reassuring. They had not ranged us which meant they did not know we were here, yet!

At 8:00 the barrage ceased. Now it would begin.
I tipped my binoculars to view the top of the hill.
Marching down the hill in two columns were four platoons, about 80 men. Behind them, single file were four Sherman tanks.
The Americans supported their infantry with their tanks,
while we supported our tanks with our infantry.

I radioed the commander of my companion tank to target the lead Sherman, as we would target the one bringing up the rear,
thereby trapping the other two in the middle.
The first of the American infantry was almost upon my hidden panzer-grenadiers.
I gave the order to open fire.

The first platoon of Americans was completely cut down, while all the rest dove for cover on either side of the road.
The first Sherman tank had reached the base of the hill.
I ordered my loader armor piercing.
My companion panzer fired upon the lead Sherman with a high explosive round, blowing the sand bag protection off of it's hull.
A moment later it sent it an armor piercing sabot.
The Sherman tank blew completely to pieces, all it's ammo ignited at once. My gunner zeroed in on the Sherman bringing up the rear.
It was still on the hillside on an angle to us, displaying the thin armor of it's turret top and deck.
My gunner let loose the sabot which penetrated between the hull and turret.
The turret blew high into the air and fell on-top of the third Sherman.
The two remaining Sherman tried to escape by turning off the road, one to the left, one to the right.
The one on the right fell over on its side and rolled several times before coming to a stop upside down, it's tracks still rolling in the air like a helpless tortoise.

The one on the left tried to take up a firing position but was becoming bogged down as it's tracks churned up the soft earth of the hillside beneath it. It fired a wild round before my companion left it a burning wreck.
Our infantry was now engaged in a fierce fire fight with the remaining American infantry.
I can never forget what happened next.
The Americans opened up with artillery again.
The howitzer rounds fell short of our position, onto the Americans who were pinned down by our machine-guns.
Trying to run from their own artillery they were cut down.
I gave the order to cease fire.
It was horrendous to watch, but I had to.
When the barrage ended, it was silent, then the cries of the wounded drifted toward us.

I stood up in the copula and looked to my infantry captain.
He stood from his position and looked at me, just nodding his head in disbelief.
My head set crackled as my former gunner, and now commander alerted me to movement at the crest of the hill before us.

I looked up there with my binoculars and saw four more platoons on there way down, and four more Sherman tanks behind them.
I looked to my infantry captain who signaled he was ready once more, but running low on ammo.
I radioed my starboard panzer we would handle it the same way as before.

As the American infantry passed the burning wrecked Sherman tanks they began to slow down.
When they got to the base of the hill to find their fallen comrades they took cover at once,
taking up positions on either side of the road in the shell holes among the dead and wounded of the first wave.

The Sherman rolled forward, and when the first one got to the base of the hill my companion scored a hit on it and it just stopped in it's tracks without an explosion.
As its crew bailed out it was struck from behind by the second Sherman, which was crashed into by the third which was then struck from behind by the fourth.
I gave the order to fire at will and all four Sherman brewed up in a pyroclastic inferno.

Once again a firefight ensued.
The Americans this time began advancing on our position, stealthily moving forward crawling from shell hole to shell hole and using the uneven terrain as cover.

This time my infantry captain radioed me. They were out numbered four to one and were running out of ammunition.
I was about to order him to withdraw when to our astonishment the Americans opened up with artillery again.
They had ranged it closer to us this time, right on top of their own advancing infantry, all over again!

"My God!" I gasped over the radio for all to hear.
When the barrage lifted once more we were stunned by the horror of it.
We just could not sit there and do nothing, in silent agreement my tank crews dismounted and panzer-grenadiers rose from their positions and we went to the aid of the Americans.

By now the American artillery spotters on top of the hill saw what had happened.
They also saw that we were lending aid to their fallen comrades.
A jeep came down the hill flying a white flag of truce with several officers and medics, followed by two trucks with more medics and supplies.

It was sublime. German and American soldiers side by side aiding the wounded.
We shared cigarettes and my men were treated to c-rations, which was the first food we had in several days.
In the end we helped the Americans load their wounded.
They went up the hill and did not come back that day. Out of ammo, and exhausted, we abandoned the position.
Our mission parameters accomplished by the tactical incompetence of the American commander...or,

When we tried to leave this position, first the brand new Panther tank on my left lost it's transmission going into reverse.
We managed to get our panzer onto the road.
As we pulled up to the panzer we had left on the road, the transmission on our own panzer failed.

It is a little known fact that more German tanks were lost during the Second World War due to mechanical failure, and not enemy fire.
We had to scuttle three brand new Panther Tanks.

Valkyrie801
Associate

Thank You...

Post by Valkyrie801 »

I have been so alone in this.
It seems no one cares.
I was in the east when the Normandy invasion began.

We thought we were getting a vacation when we loaded on the train west. :(

Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers »

Valkyrie, thanks for sharing! To avoid confusion, your posts have been moved from the German language forum to the English language area.
Valkyrie801 wrote: It was sublime. German and American soldiers side by side aiding the wounded.
We shared cigarettes and my men were treated to c-rations, which was the first food we had in several days.
You might also be interested in our warrior hero thread about Audie Murphy. Unfortunately I wasn't successful to find it. I'll contact our webmaster and post a link as soon as it has resurfaced.

Martin
Works of art are indeed always products of having been in danger, of having gone to the very end in an experience, to where man can go no further. -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Valkyrie801
Associate

Post by Valkyrie801 »

Thank You Sir.

Valkyrie801
Associate

Post by Valkyrie801 »

Sir?
The Flak Towers!

Valkyrie801
Associate

My Mother

Post by Valkyrie801 »

In late April 1945 my mother and grandmother lived in the village of Hoth, east central, Germany. Today this is Checkoslovakia.
My mother told me several stories about this.

The first one was that food was scarce. One morning my grandmother took my mother to some fields which were several miles west of the village. They had to walk along the side of the road because their were "Tanks" and trucks, as my mother described them all heading west. These were all German. Also there was an endless parade of men walking on the road.

From what my mother described the town of Hoth was a rendezvous point for German units heading west to escape the Russian's bearing down upon them.

My Mother and Grandmother went to the fields of what was once a productive farm, but had been bombed out by artillery.

They went through the dirt and the ruins and found a few potatoes, and some carrots and beats.
Like a miracle a small piglet came out of nowhere and started nuzzling my mother, still a child at 15 my mother adopted this piglet as her own and it followed her everywhere. (My Oma knew better and played along because this piglet would become supper!)

My mother held the piglet in her arms and Oma bundled every thing they could find.
The serge of the escaping soldiers had ceased by early afternoon.

They were walking down the center of the road and it was quiet. They were approaching the village, and from behind they could hear an air craft.

Oma just turned to my mother and said, "Quick!"
and they both jumped in the drainage ditch at the side of the road.
My mother held the pig like a baby, as the plane passed over.

She looked up and then holding the piglet under her looked to the village.
She described to me the blue and the star.
an American aircraft.

She watched as at the entrance to Hoth from this direction was a east west cross road.
There was a big white ambulance with prominent red crosses on it about to turn onto the east from the north into the village. I asked her, and she said it was white, a big white truck, like a moving van.

The airplane fired two missiles and machine gun, and the ambulance exploded.

From this point all I know is they got home and my mother was heart broken and would not eat. She was very mad at Oma.

The next day she forgot her sorrow and ate.

Valkyrie801
Associate

Post by Valkyrie801 »

This is not about the Ethereal Memory of the Planet Earth which is a discovery Nicola Tesla made, and has been buried along with other magnificent discoveries that should be credited to beloved Nicola. Buried by the Forces of Darkness to maintain their malevolent control of western society. It's just part of the whole story.
Nicola Tesla designed the turbines that his employer Westinghouse's engineers then built at Niagara falls in 1896 to create the worlds first hydro-electric power station. By this time however Nicola got tired of working with Westinghouse. He was discouraged by the fact that the result of his efforts at bringing the miracle of electrical power to humanity was requiring that the world would become strewn with wires!
Nicola had discovered that absolutely everything in creation has a frequency. The very fabric of reality was resonant, and Nicola concentrated his attention upon the creation and control of High Frequency Electrical Phenomena. He used the induction coils and capacitors that he invented in new and radically different configurations to produce intensely high frequency currents of electricity. {It is interesting to note that the very flow of time over the bed of reality is a frequency current!}
Radio waves are a form of electricity, and traveling through the air are called "Frequencies" that resonate by the distance between each individual wave. Nicola saw his capacitor as a storage tank, and his induction coil like a coiled spring. By configuring them in the right sequence he could amplify electrical signals raising them to ever higher and higher levels of frequency and voltage. Through resonance we are able to "tune" radio signals. Nicola could see that electrical resonance would make wireless communications possible, and since that was the case then the wireless distribution of electrical power was possible as well.
Nicola Tesla would use the concept of a grounded Transmitter, and a grounded Receiver.
Nicola realized that if his transmitting station could send enough electromagnetic energy into the ground until the Earth's electrical resonant frequency was reached, the whole of the Planet would be like a giant capacitor resonating electrical power that could be tapped by receiving stations anywhere on the surface of the earth, and then use the atmosphere for the return circuit to the transmitting station. The very air would be filled with radio waves with enough frequency and voltage to power machines and devices without wires!
In 1899 the United States of America was being completely strewn with wires. Nicola's "alternating current" or AC system of delivering electrical power proved to be superior to Thomas Edison's "direct current" or DC. Edison may have invented the light bulb, but it would be Tesla's delivery system that lit it.
At this time Nicola built a research facility at the base of Pike's Peak in Colorado. He constructed several large towers which were electrical magnifying transmitters, and put his dream of wireless delivery of electrical power to the test. It worked, but with varying degrees of success. He found many times instead of making a complete circuit with one tower as transmitter, and another as receiver the power generated by the electromagnetic resonance of the Earth itself would discharge uncontrollably into the atmosphere. At night People in and around Colorado Springs were frightened by strange glows and popping and crackling sounds emanating from Nicola's project.
In addition to his attempting to create controllable broadcast electricity Nicola Tesla experimented with sending Morse code messages in the electrical discharges that leaped out of his tower, and into the atmosphere, and then into space. His claim that he got an answer from a broadcast that reached the planet Mars was not well accepted by the rational academic scientific community.
Although Tesla's experimentation met with limited success he was convinced his theory was sound. Something that was beyond Nicola, and the technology of that time was the fact that for broadcast electricity to work it would have to be of such high amplification resonant frequency it would be injurious to all living tissue that passed within it. We have broadcast electricity today. It is called "Microwave Relay!" The reason those microwave towers are way up there on top of sky scrapers and mountains?....We all heard the urban myth of the unfortunate soul who gave her precious pet poodle a shampoo, and then tried to dry it off in the microwave! There are also several documented horror stories involving hovering helicopters. Birds won't nest in microwave receivers.
The advent of cellular broadcast technology is rendering microwave relay obsolete, but it's still around. Satellite technology is being developed for the beaming of microwave electricity from one distribution facility to another in remote areas. That is Broadcast Electricity today, so Nicola Tesla was simply ahead of himself, and it is ironic through his Ethereal Memory Device he would literally get behind himself by reenacting certain key junctures of his daily existence over, and over in an effort to change the outcomes of certain precursors, and unsuccessfully.
Perhaps you wonder, "Well, just where is Michael going with all this?"
I had to set this up for you. First off Nicola Tesla discovered something that could have changed the face of the Earth. He would not have gotten over the problem of the planet becoming strewn with power-lines and wiring, but he had discovered a way to tap a natural resource. The natural resonant electromagnetic energy of the Mother Earth herself. Had he pursued it, electrical power would be coming from a free inexhaustible source. All we would be paying for these days would be the maintenance of storage facilities and power-lines. Battery technology would have developed to take advantage of this free electrical power, and we would not be depending upon oil to run everything.
The Forces of Darkness could not have this. The main objective of these forces is to keep the nations of the world in conflict with the agenda of having humanity destroy itself.
The Minions of the Satanic Majesty use us. Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Western Society is corrupted, but so is the rest of the world. Outwardly we see all these problems, and inwardly we are the source of them all! The forces of Good vs. Evil work through us. The struggle eternal manifests itself in and through the peoples of the Earth.
There is more I could tell you about beloved Nicola, some of the awesome things he caused to happen on the face of the planet through the course of his research, but that will be for another time, for it is another story. We are going to talk about a German secret weapon. Something the Nazi's developed from Nicola Tesla's research. To do this I must introduce you to Waffen SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Michael Christian Wenct. This is the "Reincarnation Section",
and....
I was him, and he is me. I have been blessed/cursed with the total recall of this panzer officers lifetime. Wenct was not a Nazi. He was not even German. He was born in Donesburo, Scotland which was a town just outside of Edenborrow in 1918. His Mother was German, his Father a Scotsman. His Mother and father separated when he was four, and she went back to Germany. His parents spoke to Michael in nothing but German up until that time, so his father had to keep speaking German to him until he began school.
Michael grew up believing in knights in shinning armor, chivalry, and The Arthurian Code of conduct in the pursuit of a "Higher Ideal of Human Existence." He did not know it at first, but Michael Wenct was/is Valkyrie. He wanted to be a soldier, and make a carrier of it. In 1935 he applied to West Point military academy, but was rejected because he was very week in mathematics. When he applied to Military academy in Germany he was accepted. I have the name of this academy, it is in the original manuscript of Wenct's life, but it escapes me at the moment, and I don't have the manuscript any more because I burned it in an effort to appease my now X-wife. You see when the memories returned to me I became obsessed with writing them down, and I began to change drastically, so much so my beloved wife threw me out and divorced me. I have been indigent and homeless since. I have had jobs and a roof over my head, but no place I can call home, for you see my home is in Eternity. No matter.
I am pleased to report since the writing of this manuscript I am no longer homeless and become reasonably self sufficient.
Michael Wenct went to Germany to became a professional soldier. At military academy he was mentored by a particular instructor. Michael knew this man as "Instructor Irwin" His full name was Irwin Rommel.
I must break for now, as the memories flooding back are sometimes too much for me to bear, and I begin to cry.
My beloved reader, please be patient with me.
Your Michael came under psychic attack by the forces of darkness this morning. This is how it is for us, The Valkyrie.
I am Hauptmann Wenct. I give you my Wehrmacht designation. Until February of 1943 I served with my Field Marshal in North Africa. It was then I transferred to the Waffen SS because I wanted to serve in Panzers. Until then my commanding officer Field Marshal Rommel, who was also my instructor in military school kept me an mobile artillery officer, because I was poor in mathematics, and artillery officers spend much of their time figuring target solutions. As a result my mathematics improved, and this pleased my Field Marshal, for this was his intention, so this pleased me also!
In this lifetime during the Second World War I met many note-worthy people.
Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler himself gave me my first field command in the Waffen SS Panzerkorps. I thought I sold my soul to the Devil!, and as a result of circumstances {Your Michael will write these when this whole story is finally told} I ended up serving my command in The Third Waffen SS Panzer Division "Das Totenkopf"- The Death's Head , which was Hienrich Himmler's own Panzer Division. It may amuse you to know the men in the other panzer divisions called us "Das Shissenkopf", no translation necessary.
The story I am about to tell you is of my experience in early February 1945. I was about to be given my own command of a "Kampfgruppen"- Battle group, which meant also I would receive promotion to "Oberst" or Colonel. The SS designation of this was "Ubersturmfuhrer", but I preferred to be addressed by my men in the Wehrmacht designation. I had no taste for Nazi designations anymore, not after what I had witnessed! I was injured in battle and given three days leave. I took my 17 year old "gunner" VanDraken, a dutch boy who also liked panzers with me to Berlin, which was only 75 kilometers from my posting, The Kustrin Salient.
Our purpose was to see if I could secure several new or re-outfitted panzers from the Heinchel factory on the south-eastern outskirts of Berlin. The Heinchel corporation, {still in existence today!} built Tiger tanks. We did not expect to get any of these, but I had heard that the company had an under-ground section of the factory that re-built knocked out tanks. We were in a dire defensive position on the west side of the River Oder with the whole of the Soviet First Red-Guards Tank Army bearing down upon us. I would take anything they could give to us!
Our first day in Berlin I separated from VanDraken because I had the business of getting orders and paperwork so I could get the managers at the factory to listen to me, and hopefully give me what I needed. My "Gunner" though he had seen action with me since the Hurtgen Forest was still just a kid, and actually wanted to go and see if he could find a toy store that sold models of panzers, which he liked to build. I made arrangements with him that we would meet up again the evening we were to leave at the huge flak-tower by the Berlin zoo. The main east-west railway ran past the zoo and flak tower, and the main terminal was close by so we could catch our train back east.
It was about 10:30 in the evening I arrived at the flak-tower. I was early. I told gunner 11:00, as our train east would be leaving at 2:00 am. This would give us time to collect ourselves before returning to duty, and share our adventures in the bombed out capital of Germany. I was able to secure us one panzer that I had arranged to be on a flat car attached to that 2 am train. I was anxious that all would go as planned, and relieved when, as if on cue a box-car tender pushing that panzer on a flat-car went right past me on it's way to the main terminal.
I lit a "Camel" cigarette which was a Christmas gift left to me when we over-ran the allied post office at St. Vith during what you Americans called "The Battle of the Bulge," and turned my attention to the enormous cement flak-tower before me.
It was massively huge and ten stories high. It reminded me of a castle, but was so thick and solid that it was more like a great pyramid. It had three stories of narrow windows on each side, and on each corner of this rectangular construction were octagonal columned towers.
On the side facing west toward the city were two flights of steps that formed a triangle meeting at the central top of the tower. I took a seat on the bottom left flight of steps, and looked at the surroundings. I was surprised to note that the whole tower was illuminated by flood lamps on the ground. It lit the tower as if to advertise it to all the city, and smiled to myself thinking that any approaching allied bombers would clearly see it as well! I shook my head in disbelief. They were obviously proud of this monstrosity!
A quarter mile from my position was a second tower. It was also lit by flood lamps on the ground. It was built the same way as the one upon which I was sitting, but was much narrower. On top of this one I could see was mounted two quadruple 20mm anti-aircraft machine cannon, two large search lanterns and several different kinds of antennae, two of which were like bowls with sewing needles in their centers. All these were on either side of a box with windows with louvered steel shutters. At the very top was an antennae that was like a rectangle, and it was continuously turning 360' first to the left for a few minutes, and then change and turn right a few minutes.
It was quiet, and I was alone and everything seemed deserted. I heard the sound of a motorcycle and around the tower came a Luftwaffe leutnant who stopped right before me, leaning his motorcycle on the wall beside the steps. He simply nodded to me acknowledging my presence. He took off his service cap, and put on his stahlhelm, and clipboard in hand ran up the steps, 10 stories to the top without any pause. I stood up watching him, and flicked out my cigarette. It was then the lights illuminating the tower went out, and the wailing air-raid sirens began.
I watched the search light on the tower above me switch on sending a beam first straight up and then toward the west. I watched the same thing happen on the other tower, and then search lights all over the city of Berlin came on all beaming toward the west. The sirens continued to scream and this soon became very irritating to me, but all I could do was stand there and endure it. From the western perimeter of the city there were flashes first, and then the retort of the anti-aircraft cannon reached me. It seemed to echo off the massive wall of the flak-tower beside me and reverberate all around.
I stood there looking up to the west deafened by the continuous din around me, and did not notice when a car pulled around the corner of the tower. It was only when it caught me in the slit-beams of it's head lights and came to a stop right in front of me I saw it. It was a big black Mercedes touring car with Nazi standards on each front fender. "Shit!" I thought to myself. I was in for it now. Right away two trench-coats get out of the car, and one is shinning a flashlight in my eyes. They yelled at me over the din of the sirens "Who the Devil are you!? What are you doing here!?" came the questions. Right away one has got a Walther PPK aimed at me, and the other got his hand out for my papers. I stood there with a blank expression on my face. It was then someone got out from the back of the car and came between the two trench coats. He was tall and dressed in a business suit. I could not see his face with the light in my eyes. The two trench-coats turn to him, and one yells, "Herr Reichminister, please!" and he answers yelling "Nonsense!" He put his hand on the PPK and made the pig put it away. The other pig still stood there with his hand out waiting for my papers, and still shinning the light in my eyes. To piss him off I reached in my pocket and handed my papers to the man they called Reichminister instead. The man took the flashlight from the pig, and it was when he was shinning the light on my papers I could see who he was, and did I get a jolt! This was Reichminister Albert Speer looking at my papers. The Minister of Armaments himself!
The Reichminister turned and yelled at the two pigs, "Get back in the car I'll call you when I need you!", and they both gave the Nazi salute and barked in unison "Jawohl Herr Reichminister" one got back in the car, while the other waited for Reichminister Speer to give him back his flashlight. Speer just looked at him for the idiot he was, and the idiot gave the Nazi salute once again, and again barked "Jawohl Herr Reichminister", and he got back in the car. Albert Speer then motioned to me with my papers to follow him. There was a large steel door at the base of the triangle of steps. He pushed a button, and a slit in the door slid open, and I could see a pair of eyes peeking out, and then I could hear muffled from behind the steel door, "A moment Herr Reichminister" There was a clanking of steel on steel and the whole door slid sideways into the wall. The Leutnant that had run up the steps earlier was standing there with two men in stalhelm and field-grey coveralls. "Quickly Herr Reichminister" shouted the leutnant who ushered us in, and the two men worked the door closed again with one turning a steel wheel on the wall beside the door and the other guiding the door shut. It came closed with a clank, and suddenly it was very quiet. The sirens could hardly be heard in there.
Albert Speer put his hand on my shoulder and looked me up and down. I had on a mixed uniform, with American army pants and a reversible Wehrmacht field jacket. The only thing showing my branch of service was my black 1943 cap that still had pink piping and Waffen SS eagle on it. He smiled at me, and shaking his head in disbelief asked, "So this is a panzer officer?" I immediately came to attention and clicked my boots. He looked me up and down again, and then sighed apologetically, "This is my fault!" He said shaking his head. He then asked me about the actions I had seen, but before I could answer the Reichminister put his fingers to his lips and said to me, "Never mind Hauptsturmfuhrer." He looked upwards and said to me, "Come, let me show something to you. You know cannon, I want your opinion." I snapped to attention again and said, "Jawohl Herr Reichminister!"
The inside of the ground floor of the flak-tower was huge. Square cement supports ran down vast corridors that spread to our left and right. At each end was another steel door like the one we came through. We were at the center, and I could image that on the other side of a huge wall facing us was the same thing. In this wall were two elevator shafts, and the Reichminister lead me to the one on the right. The Leutnant accompanied us. Albert Speer pressed a button beside the elevator door, and an alarm bell rang. I could here motors engaging. The elevator came down from above us. "We have already transferred the munitions topside to the cannon, Herr Reichfurher" the Leutnant informed the Reichfurher. "Well done." said Speer to the young officer, Speer then turned to me stating, "We store ammunitions at this level, and take it to the cannon with these elevators. We can also haul it to the top from the outside with a crane." I looked around to see that the corridors were empty, but when leutnant lifted the elevator door it also opened on the other-side of the flak-tower to reveal that the east side corridors of the tower was stacked high with two peace high-explosive shrapnel 128mm shells.
We stepped into the elevator which was a steel cage all around. The doors came shut, and the Reichminister took hold of a leaver that rose waist high from the floor. He told me, "We have six levels above, and six levels below the ground!"
He pulled the lever one notch and the elevator descended one level and came to a stop. I could hear the sounds of children crying and people talking echoing in halls. The doors came open and the corridors on this level were packed with civilians. On either side old men with "luftgeschuts" stahlhelm{Steel helmets with air-raid shelter insignia that were rather ornate} came to attention. The Reichfurher spoke to one in recognition. He was wearing a world war one Sargent's dress uniform. "How many this evening Carl?" asked Albert Speer. Carl's eyes sparkled with pride as he answered robustly, "Six thousand five-hundred and eighty six, Herr Reichminister!" Speer looked at me as he asked the Sargent, "What is the record?" who answered, "Eleven thousand and eighty!" I was astounded. "How do they get in?" I asked. Speer replied, "There is a ramp leading down at the central east entrance. This is where you should have been, and why my "Bodyguards" were so concerned with you. The entrance on the west side along the tracks is for unloading munitions only!"
As the leutnant pulled the doors shut again the alarm bell sounded, and on a panel fixed to the side of the cage next to the control lever the fourth light from the bottom of a row of 12 came on, and the leutnant said, "level four Herr Reichminister." Speer smiled at me and said, "Someone below us wants the elevator." We descended one level, and the doors came open, and there stood a man with spectacles in a light blue laboratory smock, and clipboard in hand. The elevator opened to hallways on this level, with wooden doors on either side that looked like apartments. The man came to attention and gave the Nazi salute, "Herr Reichminsiter...."
As the elevator ascended to the top Speer introduced me, "Hauptsturmfuhrer Wenct, this is Herr Rhol of the Telefunken Corporation!" The man offered me his hand and I shook it, while I asked him dumbfounded, "The Telephone Company?" and he smiled as he answered, "We must all make our contribution to the coming absolute total victory!"
As we approached the top of the flak-tower Herr Rohl picked up a telephone next to the control panel. "We are coming Up" he shouted into the phone. As we got to the top the cage elevator stopped inside what seemed like a cast iron tank turret. Right away this swung open over us, as it was hinged with a huge spring. "This is the elevator shaft cover," said the Reichminister, "And this weighs sixteen tons". We came up right behind two of the 128mm cannons that were mounted together on a single platform. We were on the north side of the tower. I looked to the south side and there were another pair of cannons mounted the same way. There was no crew for the north cannons, but the south cannons had a full crew who were all young boys dressed as men in Luftwaffe combat uniforms. They were being commanded by a Luftwaffe Sargent who had lost an arm. I watched as these boys worked like men, skillfully reloading the cannons with the two piece anti-aircraft shells. I noticed that when those cannons on the south end moved to acquire the next firing position, the ones on the north side moved as well in unison. Both sets of guns were synchronized to move together.
Speer, Rhol, the Leutnant and I now moved to a bunker mounted at the center top of the tower. Before entering the cannons fired. The retort was deafening, and the percussion I felt in my diaphragm was quite intense.
Upon entering the bunker I stopped to admire the view which from here was spectacular. Here on the east side of Berlin the whole city could be seen from north to south. Despite increased allied bombing the city appeared relatively intact. It had snowed earlier in the day and it reflected the searchlights sweeping the sky. From up here we could hear the animals in the Berlin zoo below, and I could even see the elephants in their open pen moving back and fourth nervously, and hear their trumpeting. Anti-aircraft cannons and machine-guns were firing to the north and west from all over the city. Flashes and tracers were everywhere! Beams of light were sweeping the sky all converging to the north and west. The sirens echoed. It was slightly overcast with a very high cloud ceiling.
I looked around the top of the tower to see what else was up here. On each corner of the tower was em-placed a quadruple 20mm machine cannon. Only one of these had a crew on the north west corner, and all boys. I noticed again when that one with the crew traversed and elevated it's guns, the other unmanned ones moved in unison with it.
We entered the bunker which was not very big, but had a vision slit that ran all away around it with hinged iron flaps for protection. In here was a square table. On it's center was a large box with angled control panels. It had dials, and an oscilloscope. A metal pipe ran from the top of this box through the ceiling. There was an antenna sticking up outside from this. Around the controls were three telephone company men with light blue laboratory smocks like Rhol.
Only one man in there was Luftwaffe, the Leutnant who let us in.
The leutnant sat at one side of the control box and put on a set of headphones and pulled a microphone toward himself. This was the radio position.
The Reichminister addressed Herr Rhol, "Please explain for our guest Hauptsturmfuhrer Wenct our operations here." Rhol started beaming with pride, like he thought Speer would never ask. "Gladly Herr Reichminister!" Rhol guided me to the north end of the bunker and pointed out of the vision slit to the other flak tower, and he began, "That tower over there is the "L" tower. The "L" tower is the control and transmission tower. Besides the mounted machine cannon are the radar array for tracking the enemy bombers, and the transmission anteni that is our remote radio control." I had to think about this a moment, and then I looked at Rhol and questioned him, "Remote Radio Control?" He just looked at me like a cat with a canary in it's mouth. He smiled and said, "You will see Hauptsturmfuhrer...when the bombers get here!"
The Leutnant at the radio position sang out, "The Operations Commandant at the "L" tower reports all is in readiness Herr Reichminister. "Very well." said Speer. It was obvious to me that the Minister of Armaments had been in command here before. I found out later that Speer loved to come up here during the raids.
The radio Leutnant called out, "L- tower getting transmission from Uhu, L-tower getting transmission from Uhu!" The leutnant then flicked a switch on his panel and called into his microphone, "All stations and batteries cease firing!, I repeat, All stations and batteries cease firing!" The leutnant repeated this order four times, and outside the guns all over Berlin grew silent. He then called the next order four times, "All search-lamps blackout, All search-lamps blackout" and every searchlight in the city went dark. The air-raid sirens stopped. Outside it grew dead quiet. Reichmimister Speer went out of the bunker and beckoned me to follow. I stood there next to him, and looked over the quiet, and darkened city. This was sublime! Even the animals in the zoo were silent. Then from the south I heard an aircraft approaching. I could tell by the sound this was no bomber. It was one of ours. Then I could see it approaching. This pilot was nuts! A two engine job was flying maybe 50 feet off the ground. It was skimming the power-lines beside the railroad tracks, and coming directly at the flak tower. At the last moment it pulled up and banked sideways. It flew right past us, and less then 30 feet away. I could see the whole topside of that plane banked at us! I could see in the cockpit the control panel lights, and I could see the pilot heads up, looking right at me, green goggles, and smiling! This aircraft zoomed past turning 360' wing tip to wing tip, and then buzzed the "L" flack-tower in precisely the same manner! It disappeared into the night sky pulling somersault. I stood there open mouth at the antics of this crazy pilot! Speer started laughing and pulled me back in the bunker. He said to the radio leutnant, "Put Uhu on the speaker!" The leutnant flicked a switch, and holding his hand to his headphone said, "Uh Oh!", as a mans voice came on the speaker, and he was cursing every obscene word in the book! The Leutnant looked at me and said, "This is Operations Commandant Schumacher at the "L" tower communicating with Uhu." I listened to what was being said, "G-dd--nit Fligcht-Hauptmann Florhildergardt! You damage my equipment and I'll have your ass for this!! Do you hear me Hauptmann?!?!" I listened intently for the answer. All I heard in reply was a woman's voice laughing hysterically! I looked to Speer who was smiling. He told me "This is Uhu,{Owl} our nigcht Jagger.{Night Hunter} Fligcht-Hauptmann Florhildergardt is one of our best pilots." The leutnant added, "....And She's a woman!" I started to laugh, "No doubt!" I said laughing, and added, "I like her!"
The Reichminister went to the radio position and said something to the leutnant. The leutnant handed Speer a book from under his clipboard. Speer came over to me, and leafing through the book came to a page and handed it to me saying, "This is Uhu, our night hunter." The book was a target identification guide. On the page he handed me was a schematic drawing of a two engined aircraft titled, "Heinkel 219 Uhu, Nigcht Jagger" The impressive thing about this aircraft was it's nose fitted with an array of anteni. I pointed to this and asked the Reichminister, "Radar?" and he answered, "Precisely! Uhu goes up there and tells us what is coming, the exact number, and the type of ordinance they are going to drop on us." I then asked, "How can she possibly tell what kind of bombs they are going to drop?" The Leutnant chimed in, "Easy! She just shoots one down, and she can tell by the way it explodes!" I just shook my head, and said, "This is incredible!", and Speer laughed, and said, "Just wait. The best is yet to come!"

The radio leutnant adjusted the volume on the speaker, and I stood there listening attentively to Uhu's report, "Lynx, this is Owl, are you receiving? over." The leutnant informed me, "Lynx is the "L" tower. They are command and control."
"Owl this is Lynx, we receive you. What is status of prey? over."
"This is Owl. Prey are Lancaster. Five wings. Twenty each. Southeast heading. Very low. 1500 to 2000 feet. Three minutes to Bear." {Bear= Berlin}
"This is Lynx. Package and Delivery?" {Ordinance and Destination}
The pilot began her hysterical laughter again. Her transmission was halting, as she was speaking through fits of laughter!
"This is....Owl...." Laughing.
"This is Lynx. Owl, get hold of your self! Over!"
"This is Owl, alright...laughing...alright. Delivery is for Toyshop. Repeat. Delivery is for Toyshop. Over."
Speer said, "Toyshop is the Heinchel factory complex. Tommy can bomb this all he wants. It is all underground now!"
"Lynx to Owl. What is Package? Repeat. What is Package? Over."
There was a pause, as in the sky Flight Captain Florhilderguardt looped above the force of 100 British Lancaster bombers and determined the wing-leader of the squadron. She knew they were carrying high explosive bombs, and not incendiaries having determined their destination the factory, But Flora, my Valkyrie sister was not going to go home deprived of a kill! Circling above the squadron of Lancaster heavy bombers she became an Owl stalking her prey. Stealth-fully she first descended to fly along side the British wing-leader. The English Pilot and crew did not notice her at first, so she turned her plane upside down looping over the top of the Lancaster bomber, and ended up on their opposite side. This got their attention as the waist gunner opened fire upon her. "That's the ticket!" she exclaimed in English, tuning into the bombers radio frequency, as tracers zipped past her cockpit. The pilot and co-pilot looked at each other in surprise at the sound of Flora's voice, and the crew of that Lancaster bomber watched helplessly as the Heinkel 219 Owl banked away from them into the night.
"Owl to Lynx. laughing. I am about to....hysterically laughing....find out ordinance! Over."
She circled around the lumbering squadron, drawing fire from the planes toward the outside of the formation who were close enough to see her in the dim illumination of the overcast sky above them that was reflecting the white snow cover on the ground. She circled the formation completely, and lined her aircraft up in an intersecting course with the British squadron leader. From above she descended upon him. Like an owl opening it's talons to pounce it's prey she opened fire. The armor-piercing high explosive rounds of her 20mm machine cannon cut a line from one wingtip of the Lancaster bomber to the other, and it exploded completely to pieces beneath her. The concussion of the explosion rocked the Heinkel Owl, but Flora maintained control of her craft, and exclaimed triumphantly "GOT HIM!"
"Owl to Lynx. Package is Rock Candy.{High Explosive} Repeat. Package is Rock Candy. Over.
"Lynx to Owl. Well Done. Fly To Nest. Repeat. Fly To Nest."
I stood outside the bunker on that flak tower and waved to Flora as she flew by. She waved back by dipping her wings several times, and then did a victory roll as she disappeared into the night.
Suddenly the air raid sirens began to wail again, and the searchlights came back on, and the cannons all over the City of Berlin opened fire.
I thought about what Reichminister Speer said to me earlier....
"The best is yet to come!"
I stood outside that bunker atop the zoo flak tower. The din of the sirens and the retort and echos of all the anti-aircraft artillery was irritating to me, but I could hear and see the bombers now. I have to admit this was enthralling to me. Berlin was like a toy model city spread out before me on top of that tower. Here were dozens of four engined toy model bombers with a cargo of death and destruction, being shot at by children in men's uniforms, with toy cannons and anti-aircraft machine guns that were real.
We were going to lose this war. I knew it for sure now. The Americans bombing by day, and the British by night, and every major city was being hit, and in every major city the defenders were young boys like the ones atop this flak tower.
It did not matter how many we shot down. Somewhere safe in America, or some place the war had not touched were these men. Statisticians who did not care for human life, but they figured on paper how many men, and how much equipment would need to be sacrificed in order to defeat the Axis powers. This is how the allies were running the war, and it was working.
Here in Berlin the Fuhrer was safe in a bunker somewhere, and the insanity was he thought we could still win, and he had those around him believing it as well. Even Albert Speer still believed it, and Herr Rohl. They were insane, all of them. Then there was the dishonor I felt. I deserved to die because of what I witnessed. As my Field Marshal also witnessed. The New World Order! That had "factories for the rendering of human beings." This is how my Field Marshal called them. The Camps. Everyone knew of the camps ladies and gentlemen. The ones who said they did not know are liars. This is how the Nazi's held power. They kept order with the fear of the camps. The Ideology of if you were not a Nazi then you were less then human. A slave to be exploited by the master race because you were inferior.
I did not mean to get into this. I only wanted to tell you of something I saw that has been hidden from history, but this was inevitable, because I Michael Wenct, and your Michael who writes this down for you will never get over the horror and dishonor. We are still one, and the same he, and I. If you wonder why he is cynical, and distrustful of Governments- including his own....
It is because of this, and 45,000 more years of humanity. Some talk of good old days. I tell you now it is an illusion. All of it!
The British heavy Lancaster bombers were over the city now. They came in very low, only 2000 feet or so. They wanted to be sure they hit their target hard and accurately. This also meant the flak shells had to be aimed in such a way as to arc over the bombers, and explode above them, which also rained shrapnel onto the city. I won't go into this. It is pointless for me to give you descriptions of the horror. I am cold to all this, except I still can't stand the sight of children being harmed, injured, and killed. I can not, and will not ever get over this.
All the search lights in the city of Berlin were being directed by the Command and Control in the "L" tower. They caught the lead bomber with the search light on the "L" tower, and all the rest of the lights in Berlin converged upon that single bomber, and tracked it. The English pilots used to call this "Being on stage" as it was like being an actor in the spotlight during a stage play.
An alarm bell went off on our tower which was referred to as the "G" tower. I stood outside the bunker on the "G" tower and watched as the Luftwaffe Sargent gave the command to his "men" to cease firing. The boys on the quadruple 20mm machine cannon came, and joined the boys who had manned the twin 128mm cannon, and stood to attention before the one armed Sargent. He shouted orders at two of the boys who then ran around the tower making sure that the breach's on every gun on that tower were in an opened position. While they did this he commanded the rest of the boys to cover the stacked ammunition by unrolling a huge tarp that was camouflaged canvas on one side, and a black rubber material on the other. They pulled the tarp over the ammunition with the rubberized side down, and then reformed, and came to attention before the Sargent. The Sargent barked a command, pointing with his only arm to the staircase emerging beside the cast iron cover of the elevator shaft on the south side. The boys left faced, and ran to, and then down those steps. When they were all down the Sargent went passed me to the door of the bunker to inform the leutnant that the gun positions were secured. The leutnant ordered the Sargent to take the north elevator down to secure the cast iron cover over the shaft. The Sargent clicked his boots, and ran to do this.
Except for myself standing outside the top of the tower was now empty. I was watching the Lancaster bomber in the distance illuminated by all the search lights, and it was heading straight at us, as their target the Heinchel factory was just south of our position. Herr Rohl then came to the door of the bunker, and told me I had to come inside, because, "We are about to begin transmission."
Inside the bunker I went to the northwest corner so I could continue to watch the Lancaster bomber in the spotlight. There was an electrical humming sound, and I was amazed to see all the guns on-top of the tower were now aiming themselves, and tracking that single bomber. "The gun positions are now being remotely radio controlled by the "L" tower" said Herr Rohl who came over to watch with me.
The leutnant at the radio said, "L" tower ready to begin transmission", and Reichfurher Speer said, "Very well, tell them to proceed." I turned to Rohl, and asked, "What is happening here?" Rohl smiled, and said, "You are one of the few who will get to witness this!" He pointed to the "L" tower, and began his explanation. "In the base of the "L" tower we have generators. The metal supports of the tower run deep into the foundation, which is as deep as the tower is tall. We are going to "Broadcast" an electrical "Transmission" deep into the crust of the Earth itself. We then adjust the "Frequency" of this broadcast transmission of electricity until it matches the electromagnetic frequency of the entire Earth itself!" I looked at Rohl trying to understand what he was saying. Rohl continued, "The "L" tower is the "Broadcast Transmitter", and we, and I mean this "G" tower is the "Broadcast Receiver".
"When the electrical frequency broadcast into the Earth matches the "Resonant Frequency" of the Earth itself....
The "G" tower becomes the receiver for all the resonant electromagnetic electrical energy of the Entire Earth!"
I had trouble understanding what Rohl had just told me. He could see me trying to work this out, and he patted me on the shoulder, and said jutting his chin toward the bomber in the spot light, "Observe!"
I watched the approaching Lancaster bomber. The humming sound I sensed earlier began to increase in intensity. Rohl directed my attention to the cast iron elevator shaft covers which were beginning to glow with a purple aura. "This is the resonant electrical energy of the Earth itself, and it is coming up the elevator shafts where it is accumulating from the metal re-bar, and iron skeletal supports of the whole "G" tower which are becoming charged with resonant electricity." I watched in awe, as the purple glow was now spreading, like a Saint Elmo's Fire to all the guns on top of the tower which were still tracking the approaching bomber. The intensity of the humming continued to increase, as did the purple glow that now was beginning illuminate the air around all the metal guns atop the tower. The glow filled the air in front of the guns tracking the approaching bomber, and seemed to rise toward the plane. Rohl continued to explain, " The Metal skin of the bomber is attracting the resonant electromagnetic energy. The guns pointing at the plane are quite literally electrical "Leads" that are guiding the aura of resonant energy to the target. The whole tower itself is like the top of a battery, and the battery is the whole Earth!"
As the bomber became imbued with the energy coming from the "G" tower all the light bulbs on the control panels in the cockpit began to burn brighter and brighter until they burst. The bombers four engines started over heating as they went to full power against the will of the pilot.
The bomber was glowing purple as it approached, and the pilot could no longer control the plane as it was caught in the pull of the magnetised "G" tower. All four engines burst into flames simotainiously, and the pilot gave the order to bail out, but the plane was being pulled down, and they were now too low for the crew to safely bail out. The two quad 20mm anti-aircraft machine cannon on the "L" tower now opened fire into the belly of the passing bomber, and it exploded into a fireball. Quite suddenly the humming stopped as the "G" tower was electrically shut down, and the fireball flew over the tower to crash in the fields beyond the east side of the tower, raining burning wreckage as it fell.
The alarm bell sounded again. and all those boys emerged from the stairway, and ran back to their anti-aircraft stations. The Sargent came back up in the north elevator, the shaft cover springing back as he emerged. The rest of the bombers began to drop their ordinance on the Heinchel factory, and the antiaircraft cannon continued to fire upon them.
I came out of the bunker. Reichminister Speer joined me. I just stood there watching the bombing to the south of us. I was completely bewildered by what I had just seen.
Rohl came out from the bunker, and joined Speer, and I watching the last of the Lancaster Heavy Bombers turn south and then west, and increase their altitude to get away from the flak still being fired at them. Albert Speer commented, "They generally come from the southwest when they are going for the Heinchel complex. They did this on purpose. Flying low over the city like this. Normally they would come from the south west, and return to England turning north, and then east to escape over the relative safety of the North Sea." I looked at the Reichminister, and he could sense my question. He said, "They did this so we would drop flak on our own people!" Rohl upon hearing this became enraged. He shook his fist at the departing bombers and cursed them. Speer looked at me, and raised an eyebrow. He started walking toward the north elevator slowly with his hands behind his back and motioned with his head he wanted me to accompany him. He began, "In 1940 we fire-bombed the English City of Coventry. Something happened there we did not expect. The incendiary bombs created a fire storm. 40,000 people burned to death. The English have been trying to do this back to us ever since. This is why they over flew Berlin this night in such a way. The target was the factory complex, but next time it will be Berlin itself, and with incendiary bombs!"
I walked to the elevator with the Minister of Armaments. I was silent because I had nothing to say to him. Germany was getting what it deserved. I did not care what would happen next. I only cared what would happen to the men under my command at the Kustrin Salient. This I learned from my Field Marshal. I would honor him. I would honor his spirit and die like a good soldier. My men came first. We were 500 men against 100,000 bearing down on our position. I thought of the Spartans at Hellespont. 300 held off 300,000.
Something inside me said I could make this happen again. Not for The Fuhrer, not for the Reich, and not for the Nazi's. We would do it because we were soldiers. We would do this for ourselves, because the whole world was our enemy now, even our own leaders!
We got in the elevator and Herr Rohl called to us running to wait for him. He got on with us, and the 16 ton shaft cover swung back shut as we went down. As we descended the Reichminister said, " We have had the flak-towers since before the bombing started. The last ones were completed in 1941 in Vienna, Austria. The Technology for this came from Telefunken, who "Obtained" it from a Serbian scientist they employed to build some Telegraph towers in America. As you can see it works, but it is ineffective. In your opinion Hauptsturmfuhrer, do you think this can be developed as a weapon against tanks?" I looked at Speer and just shook my head. I told him, "I am not an expert on things like these, Herr Reichminister, I am a panzer officer, and nothing more." Speer looked at Rohl, and he just shrugged. Rohl looked at me and asked, "Did you see the aeroplane grave-yard on the east side of the city?"
Since the bombing had begun all the aircraft shot down over Berlin inexplicably crashed on it's east side in a 25 mile wide swath in what used to be a nature preserve, and park. My gunner, and I had seen this from the train on our way into Berlin. I answered Rohl, "This is because the bombers are approaching from the west, and going east, so this is where they crash.....right?" Rohl gave me the cat with the canary in it's mouth look again, and said, "No Herr Hauptsturmfuhrer....This Is Us!"
"How is this possible?" I enquired Rohl. He answered, "When the towers are at full power it creates an increase in the relative gravity in this area."
{in modern terminology this would be called a "Gravity Sink" or "Gravity Spike}
"We have been successful in keeping aircraft from crashing upon the city itself! The increase in relative gravity remains for up to twelve hours even after the towers have been shut down!" I looked at both these men who seemed very pleased with themselves. I remembered the Lancaster Bomber, and the way it flew over the flak tower to crash in the area east of the city. I asked them both, "You think this can be made to stop tanks? By holding them to the ground?" and Rohl answered "This we do not know. This is a good question." I looked at them and said two words, very seriously...."Good Luck."
I looked at my watch. It was 11:20, as Reichminister Speer opened the elevator door on the ground level of the flak tower. As we stepped off Herr Rohl of the Telefunken Corporation snapped to attention and gave Speer the Nazi salute proudly exclaiming, "Heil Hitler!", and Speer raised his right hand and answered, "Heil", and in the same motion closed the door for Rohl to continue down in the flak tower. We walked to the door we had entered by in silence. The two men in field-grey coveralls let us out.
What we found outside surprised us both. There we found the Reichfurher's Mercedes completely destroyed. It was smashed in it's center by a smoldering Rolls Royce Merlin in-line aircraft engine! It had come from the stricken Lancaster Bomber! Albert Speer stood there shaking his head in disbelief. He became distraught. I looked at him, and said, "Herr Reichminister, Your body guards....I'm sorry," and Speer looked at me, and said "Those Pigs? To Hell With Them! Reichfurher Himmler insisted they be with me every place I went, and no doubt to spy on me. To Hell With Them!," and then he just shook his head again, and looked so sorry I thought he might cry, so I asked again, "Herr Reichminister?" and he answered, "My car, my beautiful car!.... Mercedes is only building trucks, and engines now in our war effort, so I will never be able to replace it. This was one of a kind you know...."
I found my gunner VanDraken a little while later. He had taken refuge in the tower's air-raid shelter during the bombing. The rest of this story your Michael will write for you another time.
If any doubt the veracity of this story I have told you....
To this day, in year 2006, and still in existence on the outskirts of Vienna Austria is an intact, and fully operational "G" Flak tower! It is in operation by the forces of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization-NATO. Only those with security clearance are allowed entry into this classified installation, and 62 years after the end of World War Two!

ftc
Associate

Post by ftc »

Ja! Ich kann diese sprache ganz ausgezeichnet. Auch habe ich auf die Universitat die Deutsche Sprache bei vielen Jahre gut kennengelernt. Aber English is my native language. I'm interested in discovering what JC makes of Mormanism...vieleicht wissen Sie? Danke gut!
Doug McQuain
Flowery Trail Coffeehouse
4 W. Webster Ave.
Chewelah, WA 99109
www.flowerytrail.com
ftc.cni@gmail.com