Anybody willing to try CM on Android ?

Do you have a conversation topic that doesn't seem to fit any of the other conversations? Here is where we discuss ANYTHING about Joseph Campbell, comparative mythology, and more!

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Nermin
Associate

Anybody willing to try CM on Android ?

Post by Nermin »

Hello folks,
Presently, İ'm trying CyanogenMod on my
Android phone. That's an adventure with
some risks that you can also take for latest
technology without spending considerable
amounts to a new phone :-)
True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts

Nermin
Associate

Post by Nermin »

CM is an alternative operating system, to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you've got an older device that isn't getting updates anymore, or if your device seems unusually slow, or maybe you're sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can't remove... Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Perhaps you just could use a boost in performance... Or maybe you'd like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes.
If so, CM might be for you :)
Folks,
That's directly from cyanogenmod.org; I know that's somewhat challenging
(like all adventure) but that's totally free (including those softwares you'd probably
need to download for flashing and so on) and it gives you the chance to redefine
your daily phone with a lot more creativity :-)
True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts

Orangevalkyrie
Associate

Post by Orangevalkyrie »

I'm using it to replace my nook os. So far I like it much more, I can even view flash. It can be slow at times, but I have it currently running from an SD card instead of internal memory.