The Atlantis Case 2015

Do you have a conversation topic that doesn't seem to fit any of the other conversations? Here is where we discuss ANYTHING about Joseph Campbell, comparative mythology, and more!

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

twokay
Associate

The Atlantis Case 2015

Post by twokay »

THE ATLANTIS CASE 2015
Well in regards to cities, new, now or old, theres what's good to do, and what's good not to do, So case in point, if there ever was an ATLANTIS (50,000 or 10,000 BCE?), it must have died a horrible quick or insidious death, as to have so little of it, actual or myth remain in 2015.
On the quick side then, maybe it nuked itself and on the insidious side, maybe by the time it realized it was damaging the climate it was too late.
An odd case where the minute amount or lack of evidence, presents the evidence of either case.
So point one perhaps is, lets not do those again.
twokay
Together We Can<br>

Myakka
Associate

Post by Myakka »

I have a guess about the Atlantis story -- it isn't more than that, but it makes some sense anyway.

I suspect that Atlantis was connected to the Atlantic Ocean -- it was the land across the Atlantic Ocean which sunk beneath the sea (metaphorically) when the Romans took over from the Greeks. While the Greeks were great mariners and could easily have found their way to what we call North and South America, the Romans were a land power and didn't possess the technical know how to get over here.

My guess is that what gets to be called the Americas or the New World is what the Greeks called Atlantis.

I could be wrong, but it is a guess that is alot less crazy than most of the things one hears about Atlantis.