Basic Concepts: The Shadow

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

jufa wrote: When observing anything from objective conjunctions based upon surmised subjective effects, is evidence imperfection nor perfection are not comprehensible in the event observed, but in the observer because perfections, nor imperfection can be defined.

However, perfection can be acknowledged in the invisible and visible worlds by awareness of unconditional, and unaltering Principles and Patterns governing all known worlds in consistency. And although one can mathematically reach of point of origin from beginning and ending with the effect of math, never can a true reality of the math, nor theories be confirmed as perfect or imperfect because:

One may simulate rain, but no one will get wet. No scientific evidence of cause or logic for existence to exist has ever been laid out by any man beyond theories..
Your point is well-taken and a timely reminder of how my little generalizations can lead to something somewhat absurd.

Still, in the context of the Hawking discussion, the idea of the role of imperfection in cosmology is fascinating. There are consequences for both perfection and the lack thereof, and not all of them are untoward.

~
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

jufa
Associate

Post by jufa »

Still, in the context of the Hawking discussion, the idea of the role of imperfection in cosmology is fascinating. There are consequences for both perfection and the lack thereof, and not all of them are untoward.
I agree especially after exploying Hawkin & Susskin's project concerning their opposite view dealing with black holes, and how "the string theory" came to be.

Also find interesting the theory of giving a machine[s] a consciousness.
Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa
http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

jufa wrote: Also find interesting the theory of giving a machine[s] a consciousness.
Do you think they can do it for us, too?

jufa
Associate

Post by jufa »

CarmelaBear wrote:
jufa wrote: Also find interesting the theory of giving a machine[s] a consciousness.
Do you think they can do it for us, too?
Ha! Ha! I don't know about you, but I know I have been over-programmed :idea:
Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa
http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Ahh....you've been programmed, eh? :shock:

Not me. I'm a virgin.

:idea:

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

CarmelaBear wrote: The individual shadow may seem to be a burden. The collective shadow is a real terror.
So true, there should be a way to integrate certain concepts of Analytical
Psychology into highschool curriculum :(

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Do you have a reference for those of us who are interested in learning more about Analytical Psychology?

It's been years since I've heard the term. Tx, Ercan.

:?:

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

CarmelaBear wrote:Do you have a reference for those of us who are interested in learning more about Analytical Psychology?

No, there's nothing yet for highschool students
but I'm planning to write an introductory book;
Can you wait a little? :-)

jonsjourney
Associate

Post by jonsjourney »

This has some basic info Carmella...

http://iaap.org/
"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." -Douglas Adams

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

CarmelaBear wrote:Do you have a reference for those of us who are interested in learning more about Analytical Psychology?

Carmela,
I thought that you're joking -with all the wisdom you've so gracefully put in that quote;
so I wanted to answer a little humorously. Sorry, if you're serious.
My interest for Analytical Psychology started with Dimitri Halley videos that I watched
on Youtube; few people can explain Jungian ideas better - may be except Cindy of
Jung forums.
Ercan

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

I was surprised, too, Carmela, to learn that you've yet to study Jung. Perhaps you'd be interested in my Jungian Starter Kit. :lol:

http://www.jcf.org/new/forum/viewtopic. ... 4574#64574

Cindy
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Thank you, everyone. I've got my work cut out for me.

~

Persephonespring
Associate

Post by Persephonespring »

This has been very interesting to me as well. I've studied Jung for the past 20 years. I have many friends who are Jungian analysts, yet, I've always heard Jung's psychology discussed as Depth Psychology. I wonder if this is because it was called Analytical Psychology in Europe, originally, and is now, here in the US called Depth Psychology.

A conundrum!

Jan
Might be a drop in a bucket, but, as I like to say, no drops, no ocean. :-) Clemsy

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Hi, Persephone.

Depth psychology refers to various psychological theories and practices that focus on both consciousness and the unconscious (psychic depths). Jung and Freud were depth psychologists, of course, and Hillman, for example. Also, the country of origin has no bearing.

Cool screen name, by the way, Persephonespring. :)

Cindy
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

Persephonespring
Associate

Post by Persephonespring »

Thanks, Cindy.

I spoke with a friend who is an analyst yesterday. She said that her PH.D., is in Analytical Psychology, she studied Jung in Zurich. She also said that both Analytical and Depth are spoken of in Europe and in the US.

Jan
Might be a drop in a bucket, but, as I like to say, no drops, no ocean. :-) Clemsy