dream interpretation

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Thank you, Jan, and you're right of course. For too long I tried to ignore certain unconscious messages until a few years ago. Remember, practice what you preach, Cindy! :)
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

I bet you will get an episode of "serendipity", it looks like chance or luck of the draw, where the big producer in the sky gives you a glimpse of the grand design. I'm thinking the theatre us you, inside you. Nit always on a need to know basis, but sometimes we're given a serendipitous glimpse for encouragement, motivation, reassurance. There is a point and its all worthwhile.

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

I love listening to dreams and figuring them out. Sometimes a dream is just a dream. The other night I was exhausted when I went to bed. I dreamed about being somewhere and having to go pee. I did but it felt wrong somehow. When I woke up I'd peed the bed :). Fer real. I had to pee and was too asleep so my dream told me it was ok.....I guess food for thought about listening to dreams lol
Susan

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

This might qualify as serendipity, Susan. When I was searching for the latest news about someone who did something wild and crazy in 1973, I spotted myself, (WaldoBear), in a photo of a large crowd.

In one of the old photos at a photographer's website, I am wearing a bandanna and a feaux sheepskin coat behind the banner in a demonstration march in Gallup. Those were the glory days, when it felt like all I had to do was show up. College at UNM was fun, because I enjoyed my roles as an "A"student with the attention of the school paper and the power of an activist leader. The challenges encountered then were surreal, like a dream.

http://tonylouderbough.com/

~

Our school mascot is the wolf, and I was in sheepskin. Hmmm.....

~
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Another dream.

I went to a party at Woody Allen's house. He was showing me his library. I had sent him a copy of my book, and he told me he had not looked at it, and probably never would.

He laughed.

~

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

I think that counts as serendipity. I bet you never even knew that camera saw you, just being your natural self with no particular effort. And the big producer in the sky gives you a glimpse of what can happen that you don't even know about. How important unimportant things can really be with ripple effects. It doesn't matter if woody Allen doesn't read your book :) you always have an effect. Just not always on a need to know basis......

Susan

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Effect. Good word, Susan.

~