dream interpretation

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Looking back, many of my dreams were a kind of "spider sense". There were already things in motion that would lead me to an event that was "beyond my control".

So I'm not so sure if it is a "time" thing or a personal warning of how present events may unfold and affect you in the near term. It makes me wonder if some of the things I never figured out were events I avoided, or as Jung put it "just a cigar".
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

lol..."just a cigar". I think there are different kinds of dreams. Just like people talk. Sometimes it's just idle chit chat, sometimes it's a fire alarm.

Susan

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

I had an interesting dream the night before. The dream wouldn't have been unusual except for the fact that I realized I was dreaming (I've gotten pretty good with lucid dreaming over the years) and I did something I never did before.

I struck up the music and started singing. Although there was no band or orchestra, the music was loud and clear. And suddenly there were hundreds of people dancing and singing around me.

I music was like one of the songs I wrote, but not any particular one, and after a minute the song became "Aquarius" from "Hair". And then I woke up.

Of course, that sure felt good. I was dissapointed that it didn't last longer.

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

KEWL!!! You made your own dream happen!! I only remember doing that once, during a nightmare. It didn't last long but at least you did it! Now like lifting weights or running or anything else, just build those muscles up and I bet you can do more.

That is interesting. I'll have to try and do it. I'll have to get back into dreaming if I can, exercise those muscles, and see if I can work my way up to it.

That is so interesting!

Susan

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Hey Susan,

I can't do it all the time, but yes, I can control my dreams on a "regular" basis (and yes they are in color). I've even done experiments in my dreams. Sight, sound and touch are tangible. I'm always surprised by touch; things seems just as solid even though I realize I'm dreaming.

Tasting doesn't always work, and smelling usually doesn't work at all. I don't breathe in my dreams and I don't have a heartbeat.

And I often experience "Other Memory". Which is hard to sort out when I wake up because I have to question myself "did that really happen or not"?

Unfortunately, this knowledge typically doesn't halp me in day to day living, :(

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

Aw, who cares about day to day living LOL!!! You're livin' in the Dream Time!!!

I so envy you!

Susan

Evinnra
Associate

Post by Evinnra »

Neoplato wrote:I had an interesting dream the night before. The dream wouldn't have been unusual except for the fact that I realized I was dreaming (I've gotten pretty good with lucid dreaming over the years) and I did something I never did before.

I struck up the music and started singing. Although there was no band or orchestra, the music was loud and clear. And suddenly there were hundreds of people dancing and singing around me.I music was like one of the songs I wrote, but not any particular one, and after a minute the song became "Aquarius" from "Hair". And then I woke up.

Of course, that sure felt good. I was dissapointed that it didn't last longer.
:!: Neoplato, I can be wrong, but if my memory serves me well your dream signifies exhaustion, your subconscious is screaming to you 'I am tired'. ... be back once I've consulted my books ...
'A fish popped out of the water only to be recaptured again. It is as I, a slave to all yet free of everything.'
http://evinnra-evinnra.blogspot.com

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

Susan

Evinnra
Associate

Post by Evinnra »

Yep, my memory still workis just fine, it seems. The rest of the dream also points to the very same direction, There is something more specific signified in your dream, if you'd like to know what is it, i could send you a pm.
'A fish popped out of the water only to be recaptured again. It is as I, a slave to all yet free of everything.'
http://evinnra-evinnra.blogspot.com

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Yep, my memory still workis just fine, it seems. The rest of the dream also points to the very same direction, There is something more specific signified in your dream, if you'd like to know what is it, i could send you a pm.
Yes, please do. This is quite a shock considering I chose to start singing, and I was filled with a sense of joy and happiness. :shock:

Not to mention it was something I had written (which turned into "Aquarius"). :?

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

creekmary wrote:No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius!
Aquarius!

Susan
Oh, no! Don't get me started. I'm Aquarian. Waterbearing for a living, too.

Catchy song. Contagious.

:)
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

...:lol: ..I think his mind was trying to tell him something! He was controlling his dream, and this is part of how it tried to talk to him :) Poor "mind" can't always speak straight out.

Go ahead and get started! :) You always have something good to say.

Susan

Donna in Arizona
Associate

Post by Donna in Arizona »

Hi folks! I just joined the conversation and JCF -- wonderful ideas, all of you!

Perhaps there are multiple types of dreams that come from various levels of consciousness. Two nights ago I had a dream that one of my horses got hung up on the pipe fence around his corral. Last night I returned from work and found that he had indeed gotten hung up (while rolling in the dirt) and taco-ed a panal [he was unhurt]. Where did the dream come from? I believe events travel as energy waves through time/space -- and that some people have the ability to intercept energy (visual/auditory) from the future or maybe even a parallel reality. I don't dwell on it much, but I have come to recognize one type of dream from another -- for myself. Oddly, when I dream of a particular person -- and in my dream my teeth are falling out -- that person usually passes away within a week. But other people with "toothy" dreams don't experience the same phenomena. Interpretations!

Women Who Run WIth the Wolves (Clarissa Pinkola Estes) has some beautiful insight into dream interpretation. Maybe it really comes down to "Know Thyself" ?

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

I believe events travel as energy waves through time/space -- and that some people have the ability to intercept energy (visual/auditory) from the future or maybe even a parallel reality.-Donna
I'm too not sure what to make of it. A few months ago I dreamt of seeing a car in a ditch. And low and behold the next morning I passed a car in a ditch on my way to the commuter lot.

However, when this happens to us in the conscious state, we call it "synchronisity". Last year, a person said to me "I heard if you meet Buddha on the road, kill him". Of course I never heard of that before.

Then the very next day, I went to the used book store... and what do you think I see on the shelf? "If you meet Buddah on the Road, Kill Him" by Sheldon Kopp.

Needless to say, I bought the book and read it. (And it was only $2.50 :wink: )

Donna in Arizona
Associate

Post by Donna in Arizona »

That's hilarious! And $2.50 is a great price for tuition. I assume you became enlightened by the book?