A Story to Tell: Memoirs of a Paranormal Investigator

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Here are titles of the first episodes that aired in 2010:

1. "Is There a Creator?" Is the universe just a coincidence or was it created by a God who looks after us?

2. "The Riddle of Black Holes" Nothing in the universe is more powerful than black holes.

3. "Is Time Travel Possible?" To travel through time you have to break the speed of light. Is it possible?

4. "What Happened Before the Beginning?" Exploring where the universe came from.

5. "How Did We Get Here?" The creation of life and where we came from.

6. "Are We Alone?" Are we alone in the universe or is there other life somewhere out there?

7. "What Are We Really Made Of?" Protons, electrons and neutrons are just a small portion of what we know about the world we see.

8. "Dark Matter: Beyond the Darkness" The exploration of dark matter.

8)
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

1. "Is There a Creator?" Is the universe just a coincidence or was it created by a God who looks after us? -Carmela
Not so much as "looking after us", IMHO, more like the "Land Lord". I'm just worried about the "eviction notice". :wink:

Sorry...couldn't resist.
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

You funny, Mr. Neo.

:lol:

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

My son and I were having a discussion about physics and string theory and paranormal and other theories about other dimensions. I think paranormals and scientists are looking at the same place. He thinks science is more reliable because the events can usually be controlled and replicated. I told him the story of the blind men and the elephant. The one with the tail said elephants are like snakes, the one with the ear said they are like fans, the one at the leg said they are like trees.

I told him I think they are all looking at the same elephant.

Susan

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

creekmary wrote:My son and I were having a discussion about physics and string theory and paranormal and other theories about other dimensions. I think paranormals and scientists are looking at the same place. He thinks science is more reliable because the events can usually be controlled and replicated. I told him the story of the blind men and the elephant. The one with the tail said elephants are like snakes, the one with the ear said they are like fans, the one at the leg said they are like trees.

I told him I think they are all looking at the same elephant.

Susan
In that story, they were all blind and using their sense of touch. Their method of discovery was pretty much the same. That is how science and mysticism differs, in their methods of discovery.

One makes a tentative hypothesis and works toward repeatable verification, which may be rewarded with recognition, patents, fame and fortune.

The other reaches a firm conclusion based on individual, usually private, experience, and simply takes it to market to sell in exchange for attention and affection, loyalty and sometimes, fame and fortune.

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

To me, if there is such a thing as other "dimensions", the existence would be a fact. However one likes to explore it wouldn't change the dimension or its properties, whatever they may be. If the mystic and the scientist were in the same funhouse, for example, the things they might see and the interpretation might differ, but they are still both in the same funhouse.

If the scientist and the mystic were both exploring these other dimensions, each in their own way, I don't think their perception changes the properties of the dimension, just how it is interpreted. Just different methods of exploration.

Susan

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

Got another story. One of my big Indian bad-ass urban ex-biker dude cousins (I have 2 like that) was staying at my other grandmother's house, mom's homeplace, and said he saw something, couple of times, and one of our other mutual cousins who is one of our church deacons saw it too.

He was sitting in the living room watching tv late at night when the tape ran out and the screen went blue. In the reflection of the television he saw a man standing in the archway to the dining room. A shadow man. He turned and looked and there was no one there. In the reflection it was there. He turned and yelled at it "I SEE YOU M.F.!!" He popped in another movie and sat at the other end of the couch watching the doorway. When he could see a reflection in the screen again he saw the man peeking around the corner looking at him from the dining room. He confronted it again, "I SEE you M.F.!!" He got up and talked to it then, even though he couldn't see it. "Who are you! What are you doing here! If you don't know me, I'm _____, ______'s son!" He went out and slept in the travel trailer.

The next time, he was getting ready to catch a ride with the other cousin. He surprised the cousin when he came out of the travel trailer. The other cousin said he saw somebody walk by the window inside the house and assumed it was him.

Yet another cousin's daughter and grandkids have started staying down there. I picked the kids up walking down the highway 5 miles to town with dark coming. They said they had been alone at the house and got scared. This was before I head those stories, but I told them heck yea! Of course you're afraid! But now that we know this we're getting word back to the family there so they can look after the kids.

Maybe a scientist could measure and track something like this, maybe not. Only looking at things that can be categorized and measured might make you throw out something that is still information. I think we are all blind men looking at these other dimensions.

Susan

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

I wish they happened more often to more people, especially scientists.

So how come there's no Scientist Ghost Stories show on TV? The anecdotes are from people who are too scared to stick around and find out what's going on.

I wish a nice ghost would visit me. The demons can stay away. I'd just as soon remain a ghost sighting virgin than encounter a bad one.

Folks like me are under the special protection of friendly spirits (if they exist). I have a wall of safety around me, and it grows stronger as I progress down the path of good vibes.

Anyhow, I'd love to make friends with a friendly ghost. Caspar might be nice.

:wink:

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

I dont think I'd care for, like, a personal relationship or anything like that. Even if it turned out to be somebody I know :) But like my cousins, Im interested and curious about who they are, what they are, whats their business here ? Shouldnt they be "somewhere else"?

Im kind of curious how long its been there since my son and I spent our own time down there. Having young children to deal with it makes it more concerning also. I am curious to see what they do about it.

susan

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

I think theoretical physics is the scientific version of ghost adventures :)

susan

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Without the personal encounters. It is safe within the realm of math and machines.

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

JBurden!! Where are you!! hallowww! so whats your story that made you so interested? you must have one. I hope you havvent already told it and I missed it.

ms bear, i think safe is the key word. i went to JBurdens site and he talks of the mind and heart. i think the heart perceives and accepts more easily but people are afraid to trust their hearts until their mind has enough facts to say its ok.

susan.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Scary stuff, methinks.

Who is J Burden? Link?

:arrow:

creekmary
Associate

Post by creekmary »

he was at the very beginning of the topic with a link in his post. its been so long I have to go back to the beginning sometimes to remember what we were talking about :)

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

I know what you mean.

:wink: