Pathways to Bliss Introduction

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

eisentime
Associate

Pathways to Bliss Introduction

Post by eisentime »

Could someone tell me how to access audio for the two lectures that inform the Introduction to Pathways to Bliss -- L965 and L830? thanks

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

I've sent a querie up the line, eisentime. I'll get back to you when I hear something.

Cheers,
Clemsy
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Here's the response from David Kudler, our managing editor:
All of the raw audio is available at OPUS. Unless the internet changes drastically, we don't foresee giving permission to the archive to stream those recordings or release the transcripts. Nor have we gotten to the point where we'd be looking at releasing those particular recordings as part of the Collected Works (most of the Esalen recordings will be part of Series III) -- nor would be likely to, since if I remember correctly, L965 is a week-long workshop during which some of the workshop participants blather on at even greater length than they allow Joe to do (part of the same workshop that provided Part III -- editing it was a challenge!), and the audio quality on L830 sucks. But that's just my memory.
So if you're near OPUS, that's where you can access those recordings.

Are you doing academic work, or just want to give a listen?
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

eisentime
Associate

Post by eisentime »

Thanks for the reply. Very prompt and kind. I'm researching a book under contract to a major publishing house -- not academic but legit. Rather than just quote from Pathways I was hoping to refer to certain sections but also capture the event(s) in some way, if only by listening to the source material. I appreciate and admire how much labor it took to extract and mold into readable prose, and assumed the sound quality was sketchy, which may be an understatement apparently. I am not in proximity to the archives but maybe an opportunity will arise.