Books/Films based on Campbell's Work

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

NadieAchak wrote:Cindy, you are most kind in your advise.-:) I'm aware this is not a site for counseling/therapy, and I would never share my intimate experiences on a public site. My purpose in joining JCF is to learn more about the Hero's Journey - to learn from JC's work. I know you have certain responsibilities as moderator, so rest assured I will not abuse my stay here. As always, I've gathered many insights that have cleared up my question about writing. Thank you for expressing your "mommy archetype" with me. It's nice to know there is someone moderating conversations because sometimes without realizing it, some may overstep boundaries here. Again Cindy, I appreciate your advise, but no worry, okay;-) Nadie
My apologies, Nadie, since you thought that I intended to dictate what you could or could not share on the board. Never! From a psychologist's perspective and to someone who's independently seeking "buried memories" from a "horrid childhood," I just wanted to offer a word of caution in the event that an overwhelmingly painful memory surfaces. Most definitely you'd recognize it were this to occur. ;) And the painful feelings would linger. So when I said "please stop," I was referring to temporarily suspending the therapeutic writing that you're doing on your own should such a situation arise, because it's wisest and safest to explore this sort of memory and associated trauma with a professional. God forbid that you would ever have to deal with such a thing, but when exploring the unconscious, one never knows what might come to the surface, both positive and negative. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

:)
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

NadieAchak
Associate

Post by NadieAchak »

Cindy, it is so difficult to converse over the 'net, as you already know. No apologies needed :) . Thank you for your wise advise - you are absolutely correct and I hope this post will advise others.
when exploring the unconscious, one never knows what might come to the surface, both positive and negative.
Writing is a lovely tool. In writing memoir, it is my desire to fulfill my daughter/granddaughters wishes. They want to understand my Hero's Journey more clearly. To them, I am already their hero, but by giving it to them in writing, I can explain the path more clearly and they, therefore, will understand adventure I've enjoyed during my lifetime.

Thank you for your concern. You're a lovely lady (moderator), and I look forward to conversing with you in other threads. I pray as we reach the weekend, yours will be a lovely one. :)

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

:)
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung