THE RESURRECTION...

Who was Joseph Campbell? What is a myth? What does "Follow Your Bliss" mean? If you are new to the work of Joseph Campbell, this forum is a good place to start.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Freespirit
Associate

THE RESURRECTION...

Post by Freespirit »

The Hero's Journey...
11. THE RESURRECTION. At the climax, the hero is severely tested once more on the threshold of home. He or she is purified by a last sacrifice, another moment of death and rebirth, but on a higher and more complete level. By the hero’s action, the polarities that were in conflict at the beginning are finally resolved.
- http://www.thewritersjourney.com/hero's_journey.htm

Anyone else relate to being at this stage of the heros journey?
If so, how are you finding it?
Thanks.
Help me awaken, shake me from sleep.
Help me remember the blessings lessons keep.
Dont want to miss it when it arrives.
Help get me ready, teach me to fly.

Roncooper
Associate

Post by Roncooper »

Want to point out that the link doesn't work. The web ignores the journey part, wrong font I think. Great site once I got there. It is a fascinating story.

I have a hard time defining these stages in my life. It has been heaven and hell and everything in between.

My best guess for my Resurrection stage, my whole world was shattered and I lost all pride and self-assurance forever.

Now that I am home, the hardest part is accepting that the elixir is meant for me alone. The great, precious gift is my jewel to enjoy in private.

It is not an exact match, but my experience reminds me of a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZrA32JEXM
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. -Isaac Newton

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

My resurrection stage was reached when I came to terms with being alive after feeling completely destroyed. If I had disappeared, I now cannot question the life within. It sometimes loses its form, and I revert to the simple status of being.

~
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene