Glitches and Gremlins

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

To anyone who has had difficulties with posting on the boards as of late. I've made numerous attempts over the last few days to post in this thread several others as well and all have been aborted. Some success on one or 2 threads has been accomplished but Clemsy has told me they are doing the best they can. My thoughts here are if there is no notification of a reply in either your email on a particular thread or just no reply at all this problem is probably the culprit and just be patient and continue on the best you can until they can resolve it. ( As for myself I've been checking each individual thread to see if there has been a response; and to my surprise sometimes; yes there has. You just may not see it listed in either your email or on the board listings. ) We'll all get through this I'm sure and I know they are doing their best to deal with this difficult technical problem. As I understand it this is a code issue; that's all I know at the moment. Perhaps someone else may have more current information.

All the best my friends. :)
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

To anyone who has had difficulties with posting on the boards as of late. I've made numerous attempts over the last few days to post in this thread several others as well and all have been aborted. Some success on one or 2 threads has been accomplished but Clemsy has told me they are doing the best they can. My thoughts here are if there is no notification of a reply in either your email on a particular thread or just no reply at all this problem is probably the culprit and just be patient and continue on the best you can until they can resolve it. ( As for myself I've been checking each individual thread to see if there has been a response; and to my surprise sometimes; yes there has. You just may not see it listed in either your email or on the board listings. ) We'll all get through this I'm sure and I know they are doing their best to deal with this difficult technical problem. As I understand it this is a code issue; that's all I know at the moment. Perhaps someone else may have more current information.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Clemsy wrote:Lots of problems with jcf.org the past few days. Let's see if this works!

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Testing!!!
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Test

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

Hey everybody,
i'm on Android again and can follow the new posts and so on
with no big problem in spite of ocassional error messages.
I encounter the same on my Firefox browser yet i keep it, such complications
being not necessarly 100 percent bad for some complicated minds like mine.
Thanks

romansh
Associate

Post by romansh »

Any comment from the admin?
There are posts that have been posted but do not show up - unless the quote function is used.

What is the future for this site?
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Hi Rom,

The forum software is badly corrupted at this point due to its rather profound obsolescence. We're in the process of crowd funding to launch a new website. Should start appearing on the JCF Home Page soon. Stay tuned!

In the meantime carrying on a meaningful conversation here isn't very easy, alas.

Cheers,
Clemsy

romansh
Associate

Post by romansh »

Clemsy wrote:Hi Rom,

The forum software is badly corrupted at this point due to its rather profound obsolescence. We're in the process of crowd funding to launch a new website. Should start appearing on the JCF Home Page soon. Stay tuned!

In the meantime carrying on a meaningful conversation here isn't very easy, alas.

Cheers,
Clemsy
Thanks Clemsy

Is there meaning? :)
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

Cheers,
Clemsy

Clemsy that is great to hear! 8)

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

Cheers,
Clemsy
Dear Clemsy,
For me, the real problem is when I receive new posts to Turkish forum and
I cannot make any editing. And without editing, posts are simply illegible
(partly because of keyboard variations and special characters used when
writing in Turkish)
Otherwise, maybe this site was a cyber-labyrinth right from the start,
this being even an asset when wwe take things from a mythical perspective :D
Warmest hugs,
Ercan