Help Out Any Way You Can

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Clemsy
Working Associate

Help Out Any Way You Can

Post by Clemsy »

Dear Associates,

As Bodhi Bliss explained in the last JCF Newsletter, the economic meltdown (I recently heard it referred to as the Great Recession) has hit non-profits pretty hard and the Joseph Campbell Foundation is no exception.

Every little bit helps. Whether purchasing that book to fill a hole on your bookshelf, making a donation or even encouraging likely friends, family neighbors and colleagues to check out that thing you're always doing on your computer, anything you can do to give a bit back for the access to the thoughtful and intelligent community so many of us crave, would be more than appreciated.

Folks, we wouldn't be posting this if the numbers weren't so damn red. We look forward to your continued support and participation.

Thanks,
Bodhi, Martin, Mark and Clemsy
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

You're on my birthday list for next month, guys, a present to myself. 8)

Cindy
If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s. --Jung

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Unfortunately, it always comes down to the beans (and black beans are always more preferable than red beans). :wink:

Sign me up! I'll make a contribution in the next day or two. :D
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

You guys are so the best!

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

Clemsy,
We're very glad to be part of
JCF and also aware how much goodwill and
effort is needed to keep this place alive.
Thank you all.
Ercan

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Clemsy,

Just making sure--proceeds go directly to JCF given the purchase of Campbell's Available Works, right? Or does Amazon only benefit?

Cindy

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Hi Cindy!

This is from the contributions page:
The JCF is now a participating member of the Amazon.Com Associates online affiliate program, any purchases that you make from Amazon.com after following a link from this website benefit the JCF!
I have a query as to more specific details. Whe I know more, so will you!

Clemsy

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Thanks, Clemsy, I'll keep an eye on this thread. For quite a while I've had the The Masks of God series on my wishlist, so my plan is to splurge on that. I just want to be sure first that Amazon's not being greedy. :wink:

Cindy

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Oooo. If Occidental and Oriental turn you on half as much as they do me, they'll be annotated and dogeared in no time.

Not that Primitive and Creative aren't great. But I only read those twice each...

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Well, Clemsy, while I'm at it, if JCF can add this book to the Bookstore, I'll purchase it, too, at the same time. My book wishlist is long... ;)

The Living Goddesses by Marija Gimbutas: http://www.amazon.com/Living-Goddesses- ... 155&sr=1-3

The JCF Bookstore already has Gimbutas' The Language of the Goddess, so I assume that adding another of her works is a simple thing to do, right?

And thanks!

Cindy

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

I've tried 3 times to make a contribution but I keep getting errors. Not sure why. It says I'm not filling out all the information, but I am. It erases my personal information and gives me an error message. I guess I could send a check.

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

AAAAHHHHH!!!!

I'll send that one up the food chain Neo. Thanks for the feedback.

:roll:

Martin_Weyers
Working Associate

Post by Martin_Weyers »

Cindy B. wrote:Well, Clemsy, while I'm at it, if JCF can add this book to the Bookstore, I'll purchase it, too, at the same time. My book wishlist is long... ;)

The Living Goddesses by Marija Gimbutas: http://www.amazon.com/Living-Goddesses- ... 155&sr=1-3

The JCF Bookstore already has Gimbutas' The Language of the Goddess, so I assume that adding another of her works is a simple thing to do, right?

And thanks!

Cindy
Cindy, you can use amazon's search function by clicking the "Powered by Amazon.com" image at the upper right hand part of the Bookstore page. It will take you to what appears to be the normal Amazon portal. However, in the URL you'll see josepcampbfou which lets you know that whatever is purchased will still benefit JCF. Hope that helps!
Works of art are indeed always products of having been in danger, of having gone to the very end in an experience, to where man can go no further. -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

I treid again today and it went through. :D

Cindy B.
Working Associate

Post by Cindy B. »

Thanks, Martin. :)

Yet anything that I might purchase at Amazon given that I go through JCF will benefit you? The reason I ask is because there are certain times of year when I regularly shop at Amazon for other people, so if I understand correctly, well, shoot, I might as well access Amazon via JCF and send something your way, too. Have I got this right?

Cindy