Welcome New Associates!

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Clemsy
Working Associate

Welcome New Associates!

Post by Clemsy »

What an amazing surge of new forum participants! Welcome to ALL of you. Kick your shoes off, make yourselves comfortable and don't hesitate to ask if you should have any questions.

Cheers,
Clemsy
Forum Moderator

PS: Give the Forum Guidelines a look when you have a chance. Our intention is to always keep the Higher Order in the Conversation.
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

tucsonkent
Associate

Post by tucsonkent »

Clemsy, thank you for your welcome.

Many years ago I met JC through his dialogues with Bill Moyers on PBS. I bought several of JC's cassette tapes and listened to them repeatedly while walking my dog. Over time, I experienced JC as a friend, mentor, and inspiring soul mate.

Other human sources of inspiration for me have been Paul Tillich, Martin Buber, Ram Dass, Robert Frost, William Blake, numerous visual and musical artists, Carl Sagan, and each person with whom I have experienced love.

I am considering offering to create a discussion group at my wife's church at which I would present segments of JC's videos interrupted by opportunities for discussion.

Do you have any suggestions regarding selections and formats?
To see a World in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour. (William Blake)

Paraphrase: We think we are looking for answers; but, we are looking for experience. (JC)

sammy11
Associate

Post by sammy11 »

Thanks for the welcome Clemsy,
Wow, awesome...I've finally made it here! I have been intending to for a while now, and now I'm here, I wonder why it took so long!
I'm enjoying just wandering my way around and about the site, but if you have any recomendations on where a newby ought to check out, I would be keen to know.
Cheers
Samantha

Al-Rahman
Associate

Post by Al-Rahman »

Thanks for the welcome! It inspires me greatly that this forum actually takes a mature tone to the pursuit of mythology and understanding of the human spirit. It's a relief to be able to converse on a more intellectual level.

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

You're quite welcome, Al-Rahman! Please enjoy our little corner of the Web. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Clemsy
Forum Moderator
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas