DIY Religion project in San Francisco

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

marilynyu
Associate

DIY Religion project in San Francisco

Post by marilynyu »

(Feel free to forward this)

Frustrated with stagnant, dogmatic religions? Want to create a tool to empower people to take control of their thoughts?

My name is Marilyn Yu and I believe that our thoughts create our world. I am looking for creative problem-solvers with a critical eye who believe in compassion to help create a structure for Do-It-Yourself (“DIY”) Religions.

This is an opportunity for people to collectively imagine a more self-determined world. We will share our personal belief systems and discuss how they have evolved as well as uncover shared belief systems. I have created a DIY Religion based on a contemporary heroine named Eva that I will introduce and can serve as a jumping off point for discussions. To learn more about Eva visit - www.MarilynYu.com.

A little bit about me -

I am a creative person who has interwoven media, ideas and people in my creations for over a decade. I was a pioneer in introducing sustainability to high fashion with my award-winning, hemp-based clothing line Plutonium Clothing. I am an organization development expert who specializes in finance for mission-based organizations. I have a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Sculpture from the Rhode Island School of Design and a Masters in City and Regional Planning from UC Berkeley. Currently I am working as the Director of Finance and Administration for the Women’s Community Clinic.

Please email me if you'd like more information on the DIY Religion project or if you'd like to be involved.

Regards,
Marilyn Yu
inquiries@marilynyu.com