Possible roundtable in Somerset Uk

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

third_director
Associate

Possible roundtable in Somerset Uk

Post by third_director »

I am looking into the possibility of setting up a roundtable in Somerset, Uk. Are there any interested associates?
With pain, with gain, to a final refrain; we kiss the earth and still remain

Ercan2121
Associate

Re: Possible roundtable in Somerset Uk

Post by Ercan2121 »

third_director wrote:I am looking into the possibility of setting up a roundtable in Somerset, Uk. Are there any interested associates?
I think I know people living not in your town but who won't hesitate to travel a little
when a serious roundtable is being organized.
Could you tell more about your approach to myths? I'm asking because some people are
very religious and some others highly open-minded and so on and on.
Thanks

third_director
Associate

Post by third_director »

Thanks for getting back.
My approach is open minded in the sense that I have few intentions as to where the RoundTable might lead. My personal experience comes from the point of view of Performance Studies and ritualisation of myth as well as personal journies of actors, artists and performers. I use the term myth to describe all the Abrahamic faiths, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, Taoism, Arthurian legend, fairy tales etc etc and am always happy to discuss myth as faith system/literal historic truth "against" myth as metaphor/symbolic meaning behind the text. The Roundtable would take place in Taunton, Glastonbury or Weston Super Mare, depending on interest.
Thanks again!
With pain, with gain, to a final refrain; we kiss the earth and still remain

Ercan2121
Associate

Post by Ercan2121 »

third_director wrote:Thanks for getting back.
My approach is open minded in the sense that I have few intentions as to where the RoundTable might lead. My personal experience comes from the point of view of Performance Studies and ritualisation of myth as well as personal journies of actors, artists and performers. I use the term myth to describe all the Abrahamic faiths, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, Taoism, Arthurian legend, fairy tales etc etc and am always happy to discuss myth as faith system/literal historic truth "against" myth as metaphor/symbolic meaning behind the text. The Roundtable would take place in Taunton, Glastonbury or Weston Super Mare, depending on interest.
Thanks again!
By the way, won't you think about organizing something online, Third Director?
You know, that's just an idea :idea: