Hello everyone & search for a roundtable at Cologne/ Ger

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Earonn
Associate

Hello everyone & search for a roundtable at Cologne/ Ger

Post by Earonn »

*hands out cookies to everyone*

Hello, this is Earonn aka Christine, a German knitter, writer, runner, cat/rat/guinea pig-slave, recently engaged, overweight, supporter of JFC and HeroRats (apopo.org), who knows her myth but doesn't understand what it tries to tell her and really wants to find out about her bliss.
I've been 'mythologized' from early youth on through a children's version of the Iliad. But it took about thirty years and Professor Campbell to see what before I only felt: that there's more to these myths than meets the eye.

First I read myths (greek -> roman -> nordic -> celtic -> Tolkien), followed by Erich Fromm whose books taught me about psychology and then, finally, there came Joseph Campbell. And I don't think that it happened in this order by chance!

My 'personal myth' if one could call it thus, is that of Ajax the Lesser. Not that priggish bedtime story of the "just evil" guy, of course (as if I had to tell you of all people that there's more to his myth than just simple morale!).

I hope to learn a lot, to talk about things (which often helps to understand), to share insights, discuss - and find likeminded people all over the world. Although it would be great to find some interested members for a roundtable in Cologne...
Whenever the inner-going gets tough
which it must if we are to grow
it is far better for us to temporatily 'fail'
at becoming what we intend to be
that it is to succeed at remaining
who and what we have been
(Guy Finley)