I want to buy an island and invite all of you over.

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

rishi851
Associate

I want to buy an island and invite all of you over.

Post by rishi851 »

I am a Hindu, 27, male, recently registered on this site. There are so many things I wish to say, my brain overflows with doubts and imagination. But I shall get to the chase.

I stayed in Canada for two years, and now I am back in India. I intend to someday go back, though this time to beautiful British Columbia. After realizing my true calling, my "bliss" I understand what I need in life to be content, and one of the things is a belonging to nature. A desire to be close to nature...to streams and mountains, lakes and the ocean. Reading Walden at 16 did its brainwashing I guess.

I intend to buy a small island(I'd have saved enough in around 3 years) and live by my rules on it...grow my own plants, have a massive bookshelf and skinny dip after stargazing. Trip on acid once or twice a year, write books and perhaps fall in love.

But then I don't wish to totally cut myself off from society- which isn't even rationally possible as the island I intend to buy is only a 40 minute ride away from Vancouver Island.

And this is where you come in.

Would you be interested in spending some time(a given amount each year) on it? We have much in common...the world of mythology would engage and pacify us. You would do good to get away from traffic and ego, and engage in some outdoors while at it.

I chose British Columbia because it is on the same ridge as the Pacifica and I always associate Joseph Cambell with the Pacifica area(probably because the institute that teaches his work lies somewhere near Carmel county), Someday intend to study in his university, surely I shall find people who'd accompany me on my quest. But I'd be happy to have each of you on board too.

It may sound absurd but I am not being absurd, I am being myself. With time I will get to know many of you. I'd want to get to know all of you. And then we could meet.

My name is Rishi and this is my first post on this forum. Is there an introductory page? Forget it, I'd start posting anyway. Nice to meet all of you....much to discuss, much to share.

Rishi.

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

That's nice.

:idea: