David Miller's Gods & Games coming soon!

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

David_Kudler
Working Associate

David Miller's Gods & Games coming soon!

Post by David_Kudler »

So, in addition to overseeing the publications program for the JCF for... a long time, I am also running a small publishing and publishing services firm, Stillpoint Digital Press. We've put out a number of wonderful print, audiobook, and ebook titles, many of which are very Campbellian in nature.

But I wanted to let you know about an upcoming title that I know will interest a lot of you.

A deeply thoughtful, deeply irreverent look at the mythology of play, David L. Miller's Gods and Games ties together Joseph Campbell’s approach to myth and religion with Johan Huizinga’s view of our species as Homo ludens — “Man the Game-player” — which suggests that play is a central aspect of the human spirit and human culture.

A long-term member of the board of Joseph Campbell Foundation, David L. Miller is the Watson-Ledden Professor of Religion, Emeritus, at Syracuse University and is a retired core faculty member at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara. Since 1963, Dr. Miller has worked at the intersections of religions and mythologies, literature and literary theory, and depth psychology.

Gods & Games is due out as an ebook before the end of the summer -- I'll announce it here!

David Kudler<br>Publications<br>Joseph Campbell Foundation<br>publications at jcf dot org