Any Good Comparitive Mythologists Out There Today

Looking to start a RoundTable in your area? Hosting a mythological event in your area? Have a suggestion how to enhance the forum conversations?

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

EthanT99
Associate

Any Good Comparitive Mythologists Out There Today

Post by EthanT99 »

Hello,

I am a fan of a certain podcast out there and I was trying to recommend a comparative mythologists for an interview.

However, I realized all the guys with a reputable background in comparative mythology that I have enjoyed or all dead! (Campbell, Watts, Jung, Zimmer, Eliade, Harrison, etc)

Is there anybody alive and anywhere near Campbell's caliber that folks could recommend?

Thanks so much!
EthanT

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Near Campbell's calibger? That's a tough one! Give more info on this podcast, Ethan. Perhaps someone in the JCF might be interested.

Cheers,.
Clemsy
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

EthanT99
Associate

Post by EthanT99 »

Clemsy wrote:Near Campbell's calibger? That's a tough one! Give more info on this podcast, Ethan. Perhaps someone in the JCF might be interested.

Cheers,.
Clemsy
Oh, it's a little "out there". ;-) It mostly deals with the latest on consciousness, but delves into parapsychology, near death experiences, reincarnation, etc. If you don't mind the taboo, it is actually interesting material to dive into, with a surprising amount of scientific research backing up many of the topics.

I think they often have a bit of a naive view on Christianity on there, so wanted to suggest, as a guest to interview, somebody Campbell-like to provide an expanded view.

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/
http://www.skeptiko.com/