Qigong and dream analysis

Share thoughts and ideas regarding what can be done to meet contemporary humanity's need for rites of initiation and passage.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Christina
Associate

Qigong and dream analysis

Post by Christina »

Qigong is a movement meditation from China with Taoist roots. Lao Tzu advised that we need to empty our minds to awaken inner awareness. Through dreaming we are guided back to the transcendental, what is refered by Taoists as the Tao. Qigong as a movement meditation has been my method of emptying the mind. Qigong and the dreams from the unconscious it stimulated has fueled my personal hero's quest to self discovery.

I was led to qigong through dreams. Qigong as an internal heating cultivation technique can be the alchemical transforming agent to remove limitations, illusions and obstacles to health, wellness and illumination. The form I teach is Sacred Serpent Spiral Qigong, it is a spontaneous body minded exercise that unites heaven and earth to create what the Taoist refer to as a whirling emptiness called central qi (also known as the coiled serpent or kundalini in India). Harmonizing with Nature through qigong one can reunite yin and yang, physical and spiritual, to go beyond dualistic thinking and return to the transcendental oneness. Working with dream guidance one begins to understand that the different stages of initiation occur within (ritual practices mimic this in physical reality) and we can spiritually mature by paying attention to our dream messages. One begins to have mythical dreams and aquire a greater understanding of the inclusiveness (rather than the exclusiveness) of different wisdom traditions. Qigong dreaming brings an awareness of the synchronicity behind life. Following intuitive guidance we effortlessly travel the pathway of the Tao to find our bliss along the spiral staircase to heaven.

My book entitled "The Tao of Tarot: "The Way" to health, happiness and illumination through Qigong Dreaming is due for publication in Feb 2010. It shows the artwork of the dreamlike tarot illustrations as a practical guide for doing qigong and understanding the symbolism of dreams to unity consciousness. Joseph Campbell has been a huge inspiration to me - I reference his work throughout. For those struggling I advise that all the answers can be found within - simply empty the mind through a mindfulness practice like meditation, qigong or yoga and be your own best life coach. You'll be amazed at where your dreams will take you.

Christina Bjergo

:D

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Hi Christina,

Sounds interesting.
I reference his work throughout. For those struggling I advise that all the answers can be found within - simply empty the mind through a mindfulness practice like meditation, qigong or yoga and be your own best life coach. You'll be amazed at where your dreams will take you.
Of course the obvious question is "Is this the qigong from Star Wars E1?" :D

I'll be sure to check out your book.
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

jonsjourney
Associate

Post by jonsjourney »

Of course the obvious question is "Is this the qigong from Star Wars E1? -Neo
Man, you have to admit Darth Maul was cool! I hated to see him die!

Christina,
As someone beginning some research into the effectiveness of Mindfulness in psychological well-being, I will be very interested in your book...and thoughts. I have an article or two on Qigong meditation...interesting stuff. I hope you will contribute to some conversations on these message boards I have raised on mindfulness. Peace and welcome!
"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." -Douglas Adams

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

Qigong meditation...

Looks like another trip to wikipedia.
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

WakingCall
Associate

Post by WakingCall »

There is not much mystery in Qi Gong. It is a very practical method of developing higher consciousness. Of course, a good teacher , I think , is necessary.... There is a transmission that happens, initiation... that would be a good discussion: the nature of initiation.....
awakening potential within the mind/brain....?? Contacting spirits? Both?