Hero Monomyth and travel

Share thoughts and ideas regarding what can be done to meet contemporary humanity's need for rites of initiation and passage.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

FDanielH
Associate

Hero Monomyth and travel

Post by FDanielH »

Hello, folks -

I've been a fan of Joseph Campbell for almost 20 years now, and have been intending to start a roundtable in the Chicago area for the longest time.

Well, my schedule hasn't eased but I finally made the time to write a three-part article for travel website I'm equally fond of. I am firmly convinced of the parallel connections of travel and the Hero Monomyth, and I want my fellow backpackers to have insight into Campbell's works.

I'd also like to let the JCF community aware of it, but I'm very conscious about polluting a forum with advertising. That's certainly not my intent, but I know of no better way to let JCF know about it.

The link to the article is below, and subsequent articles will be published in the following weeks. Again, I hope I'm not being intrusive - but on the other hand, I really hope you like the article as well. If this isn't the way to go about notification, I'd be grateful for some (polite) assistance.

http://www.bravenewtraveler.com/2009/10 ... c-journey/

With greatest thanks and appreciation,

Daniel Harbecke~