“A Myth and a Prayer” - W Paul & G Gronbacher

Joseph Campbell formulated what became his most quoted dictum, "Follow your bliss" in the decade before his death. Join this conversation to explore this idea and share stories.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

PlanetShifter.com
Associate

“A Myth and a Prayer” - W Paul & G Gronbacher

Post by PlanetShifter.com »

“A Myth and a Prayer” – Article and Conversation about Mythology with Gregory Gronbacher and Willi Paul from Planetshifter.com Media

e x c e r p t

Willi: I am creating new Nature-born and modern community sharing rituals. Spiritual not religious in construct. Do you share this calling? Any examples?

Gregory: Well, that depends on how you define spiritual and religious. If by spiritual and not religious you mean non-restrictive, relying less on institutions, free-flowing, open, and allowing for personalization, then sure. But if you mean “anything goes”, no intellectual foundations, fuzzy thinking, no boundaries, no principles – then I can share much of your efforts, but will likely find them without adequate foundations to endure or be meaningful in a communal setting. If spirituality becomes too idiosyncratic, it becomes difficult to ground community around such.

Willi: Can the community be the hero now?

Gregory: Yes, I think we may be witnessing a move away from the unhealthy individualism that has us all embarking on isolated quests toward an awareness that we are moving forward, evolving in a collective, communal way. The best journeys are a mix of personal and communal affairs. Additionally, the notion of the separation of the individual from the community is somewhat artificial.

http://planetshifter.com/node/2263
Willi Paul
New Mythologist & Transition Entrepreneur
newmythologist.com | PlanetShifter.com Magazine | openmythsource.com
@planetshifter @openmythsource @newmythologist
415-407-4688 | pscompub@gmail.com