Writer's Journey: Christopher Vogler

Joseph Campbell believed that "...each of us has an individual myth that's driving us, which we may or may not know." This forum is for assistance and inspiration in the quest to find your own personal mythology.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

FDamkar
Associate

Writer's Journey: Christopher Vogler

Post by FDamkar »

I apologize for resurrecting and typing this topic, but for some reason, I was having problems with the forum over here. Thus, I needed to start over again.

Regarding this thread, Christopher Vogler, screenwriter of Hollywood (responsible for overseeing many films, such as The Lion King ), has a book titled, "The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers". He discusses the hero's journey and how to apply it in our stories in our own ways.

There is one segment in particular he writes about, which is that of the similarities between the writer and the shaman. Both are capable of traveling to various worlds, as it were, and bringing back some sort of messages to our communities, whether they be healing words or warning words.

http://www.thewritersjourney.com

There is a website dedicated to this book, which I advise to go see and read about his book if you are interested in knowing more about his work.

All-in-all, shamans and writers do share some similarities on level or another. I felt that this would be a point worth bringing up again.