Job and Hard Times

What needs do mythology and religion serve in today's world and in ancient times? Here we discuss the relationship between mythology, religion and science from mythological, religious and philosophical viewpoints.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

rar
Associate

Post by rar »

I was saved in the Catholic Church, following a fall, and was led into a Spirit-led Protestant church. I ridiculed the whole business and then it happened for me. So, yeah, I came to see the "hard times" of my life were a call into a very different kind of adventure. The best turnaround was monetary. I was always broke before salvation. After it my financial situation cleared up nicely.

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

So, yeah, I came to see the "hard times" of my life were a call into a very different kind of adventure. The best turnaround was monetary. I was always broke before salvation. After it my financial situation cleared up nicely.
Strangely, there are a good number of ex-Roman Catholics here. Joseph Campbell was brought up catholic as well.

I'm still benefiting from the "monetary gain" and a few others here have expressed similiar circumstances. Coincidence?

I think the key here is the lack of "greed" and "want". I've always tried to put others first and to think of money as "paper". It almost seems that the less greedy I am the better my financial situation. I hope it continues.

The word "salvation" is an interesting one. If you were to ask me if I am "saved" I would tell you "yes" but our definitions are probably different. How do you define the term "saved"?
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

rar
Associate

Post by rar »

I define salvation as one who believes Jesus is Lord and confesses that belief with his or her lips. This person then follows the Lord, looking to the Word for guidance.

My monetary situation did not turnaround until I began tithing and serving. Despite a good education, I chose the lowest volunteer position at the church, yard work, because it was humble and God would exalt me. He did with blessings out of the yin yang.