God: Toward Identifying the Lack of a Definition

What needs do mythology and religion serve in today's world and in ancient times? Here we discuss the relationship between mythology, religion and science from mythological, religious and philosophical viewpoints.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

being27
Associate

Post by being27 »

It's a little difficult to really say where the line between dream and waking reality exists. On the one hand, waking reality could be seen as simply the existence of "god", that being that is dreaming all of what we consider the physical realms. On the other hand, there seems to be certain levels that exist, gradually moving from completely dream to completely reality. These are the various stages of enlightenment and understanding, and these are also the Great Wheel that all of life rides on, perhaps even all of existence. As individuals, societies, and perhaps even entire worlds rise through these stages, they begin to accumulate a greater understanding of the nature of existence and the ways that we all interact with each other and our environments. Everything exists in great cycles. Life is followed by death which is followed by life again. Stars die, creating new elements and materials to form new stars and planets. This cycle is represented in all facets of this existence as creatures and peoples evolve and are destroyed or even destroy themselves. So then, the questions are where is "God" in all of this? What is "God" in all of this? The simplest answer is everywhere. To go more in depth, "God" is all of this. The division of that first consciousness that felt the desire to know itself. To truly know, truly experience who or what something is, requires that one have both perspectives of being that thing and not being that thing. I believe that I know myself, but there are others that can predict my actions when I have no idea what I'm going to do. On the other hand, they may not be able to cite the reasons for my actions as I can. So then, the nature of "God" and "reality" seems to be summed up as "We are all one creature experiencing itself subjectively." The divisions between us are imagined so that we may be able to understand what it is to be one thing but not another, endlessly repeated to encompass all possible existences and experiences. So as we progress along the Great Wheel, we move closer to the understanding of the unification of all beings and creations until we reach the vertex, the sublime and complete understanding of the entirety of everything, then we commence the descent back to complete ignorance in order to take a different path and experience a different link to our universal identity. All paths eventually lead back to the unity, even those that we do not understand. Those that seem to be contrary to this evolution may be understood when looked in the light of understanding of "that which is not." Humans tend to be very shortsighted as we do not often consider the steps of the cycle that may span far beyond a single life or lifetime. A life lived in selfishness and "sin" may provide the inspiration to live a wonderful, enlightened life in the next cycle. Often, wrongdoing and the pain and suffering that are brought with it, teach many lessons all those involved including the one committing the actions. These are extensions of karmic laws that exist not to punish but rather to instruct. The soul is also instrumental in this instruction. The soul can be seen as a "part of God" that has distinguished and separated itself in order to find its way back the understanding of the unity of all. It is not truly separate, but has chosen to call itself so and create a division from the rest of the total existence. The soul has all the knowledge of well, everything. But it creates avatars or incarnations which it chooses to inhabit, choosing to limit itself to gain a new experience and gain the understanding of an existence that is different from "reality." It chooses to forget what it knows so that it may grow to remember in its avatar and thereby gain and understanding of that which it is not so that it may better understand that which it is. It seeks the experiential knowledge to complement the conceptual knowledge that it has. I hope that I have been clear in my explanations. I cannot claim to have any particular proof for these views, but have gleaned most of these concepts from the great teachers and religions of our world as well as other writers. It seems to be the ultimate elementary idea, the single tie that encompasses everything. At least it does to me.

Evinnra
Associate

Post by Evinnra »

being27 wrote:It's a little difficult to really say where the line between dream and waking reality exists. On the one hand, waking reality could be seen as simply the existence of "god", that being that is dreaming all of what we consider the physical realms. On the other hand, there seems to be certain levels that exist, gradually moving from completely dream to completely reality. These are the various stages of enlightenment and understanding, and these are also the Great Wheel that all of life rides on, perhaps even all of existence. As individuals, societies, and perhaps even entire worlds rise through these stages, they begin to accumulate a greater understanding of the nature of existence and the ways that we all interact with each other and our environments. Everything exists in great cycles. Life is followed by death which is followed by life again. Stars die, creating new elements and materials to form new stars and planets. This cycle is represented in all facets of this existence as creatures and peoples evolve and are destroyed or even destroy themselves. So then, the questions are where is "God" in all of this? What is "God" in all of this? The simplest answer is everywhere. To go more in depth, "God" is all of this. The division of that first consciousness that felt the desire to know itself. To truly know, truly experience who or what something is, requires that one have both perspectives of being that thing and not being that thing. I believe that I know myself, but there are others that can predict my actions when I have no idea what I'm going to do. On the other hand, they may not be able to cite the reasons for my actions as I can. So then, the nature of "God" and "reality" seems to be summed up as "We are all one creature experiencing itself subjectively." The divisions between us are imagined so that we may be able to understand what it is to be one thing but not another, endlessly repeated to encompass all possible existences and experiences. So as we progress along the Great Wheel, we move closer to the understanding of the unification of all beings and creations until we reach the vertex, the sublime and complete understanding of the entirety of everything, then we commence the descent back to complete ignorance in order to take a different path and experience a different link to our universal identity. All paths eventually lead back to the unity, even those that we do not understand. Those that seem to be contrary to this evolution may be understood when looked in the light of understanding of "that which is not." Humans tend to be very shortsighted as we do not often consider the steps of the cycle that may span far beyond a single life or lifetime. A life lived in selfishness and "sin" may provide the inspiration to live a wonderful, enlightened life in the next cycle. Often, wrongdoing and the pain and suffering that are brought with it, teach many lessons all those involved including the one committing the actions. These are extensions of karmic laws that exist not to punish but rather to instruct. The soul is also instrumental in this instruction. The soul can be seen as a "part of God" that has distinguished and separated itself in order to find its way back the understanding of the unity of all. It is not truly separate, but has chosen to call itself so and create a division from the rest of the total existence. The soul has all the knowledge of well, everything. But it creates avatars or incarnations which it chooses to inhabit, choosing to limit itself to gain a new experience and gain the understanding of an existence that is different from "reality." It chooses to forget what it knows so that it may grow to remember in its avatar and thereby gain and understanding of that which it is not so that it may better understand that which it is. It seeks the experiential knowledge to complement the conceptual knowledge that it has. I hope that I have been clear in my explanations. I cannot claim to have any particular proof for these views, but have gleaned most of these concepts from the great teachers and religions of our world as well as other writers. It seems to be the ultimate elementary idea, the single tie that encompasses everything. At least it does to me.
Well put, Being. Thank you. :)
'A fish popped out of the water only to be recaptured again. It is as I, a slave to all yet free of everything.'
http://evinnra-evinnra.blogspot.com

Neoplato
Associate

Post by Neoplato »

I hope that I have been clear in my explanations. I cannot claim to have any particular proof for these views, but have gleaned most of these concepts from the great teachers and religions of our world as well as other writers. It seems to be the ultimate elementary idea, the single tie that encompasses everything. At least it does to me.-Being 27
The way I look at it is that this concept has been around for thousands if not tens of thousands of years. And no matter what other official religions pop up, this concept and notion is always somewhere in the background.

Also keep in mind, although it is never tought, people come to find it.

Unfortunately, no matter how many "coincidences", it would never qualify as "proof".
Infinite moment, grants freedom of winter death, allows life to dawn.

jufa
Associate

Post by jufa »

What is the reality of human interpret thinking, I ask myself, when thinking is not inclusive of all wonders and questions and unknown answers which have been asked from eons, yet still present themselves in the newness of being profound even in the face of all the amazing technology of science, religion, philosophy and awakening myth and metaphors?

What source has man found to logically explain revelatory thoughts ability to infiltrate the human brain, the brain's electrical and chemical impulses of directions for the functioning of the human body to work together in harmony? And how can individual interpreted thinking be revealing and measurable by the very mind which finds life because of the invisible and unexplainable Spirit of the thought, not the human thought tree which roots absorbs all good and evil, and poisons elements of human intake?

Is the reality of man's logic, reasoning and personal interpretations a gauge of certainty of defining a mystery unknown, when the brain's electricity and chemicals impulses will dissipate physical life of individual awareness even when consciousness remains a continuum of death and living?

Can a mind which comes alive because of thoughts from the unknown investigate the unknown and make that which is not definitive a logical subject of objective and subjective reasoning?
Never give power to anything a person believe is their source of strength - jufa
http://theillusionofgod.yuku.com