Garden of Eden + Tree of Life (Jesus)

What needs do mythology and religion serve in today's world and in ancient times? Here we discuss the relationship between mythology, religion and science from mythological, religious and philosophical viewpoints.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

skysoblue
Associate

Garden of Eden + Tree of Life (Jesus)

Post by skysoblue »

Hi,

This is my first post and a call for help.

Does anyone know or remember a Joseph Campbell video or documentary where he speaks about the Garden of Eden and the Tree of Life?

I want to watch it again but can't remember where it is or what is is called.

From memory Joe discusses the Garden of Eden existing inside us and that bliss exists between the ears. In another video he discusses how the tree of life is Jesus and there cherubim guarding it are called fear and desire, he adds, not to worry about those two and to follow Jesus to go through.

I enjoy watching Joseph Campbell teach and particularly after visiting the lecture he gave on these topics.

Can anyone help me track down the videos? I have Mythos, but the segment I am after is not on those dvds.

Any clues?

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

Welcome to the Conversations, Sky So Blue!

I vaguely remember references to the Garden of Eden and the Tree of Life in the Power of Myth videos, with Bill Moyers interviewing Professor Campbell. I cannot guarantee anything, but you might want to review that interview just to rule out the possibility that it is the work you seek.

Good luck on your quest.

CarmelaBear
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene

skysoblue
Associate

Post by skysoblue »

Thanks CarmelaBear,

I purchased a dvd copy of The Power of Myth from Amazon today.

Can not wait as I always enjoy listening and reading anything by Joseph Campbell. :D

Will see how we go!

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

If you're like a lot of us, you will have to get the book, too. I read the Power of Myth so many times that I have several copies, and one is annotated so heavily that I only have to read my notes to get the main points. The interview is a remarkable achievement.

~
Once in a while a door opens, and let's in the future. --- Graham Greene