General Feedback/Questions on Audio Lecture Program

This forum is for focused discussions on The Collected Lectures of Joseph Campbell. Each lecture has its own dedicated conversation.

Moderators: Clemsy, Martin_Weyers, Cindy B.

Nermin
Associate

Post by Nermin »

İ like thinking minds :-)
True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts

dmellguy
Associate

Post by dmellguy »

this venue is antithetical, I am saddened

Billymack1949
Associate

Post by Billymack1949 »

Greetings,

I've been a member of JCF for quite a while but just haven't explored the forums yet. You've all done a magnificent job of pulling together the various facets of the site, I'm a huge fan and long time listener to the audio cassette tapes and am ready to start converting the ones I have to digital format, and then purchasing the ones I don't have. I've got a couple of questions:

Do you have the Esalen audio lectures here? I have about 20 tapes, I don't think I got them all by a long shot and am looking to complete the collection.

Number 2, can members start new threads for discussion on the other forums, or can only mods start new discussions as with this particular forum.

Also, I can't seem to get an avatar to post from a URL, I keep getting an "invalid URL" message. Any tips?
This is no ordinary universe!

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Hi Billy,

Just saw your post and will respond in detail a little later, but you can start your own topics in any forum.

Cheers,
Clemsy
Give me stories before I go mad! ~Andreas

Billymack1949
Associate

Post by Billymack1949 »

Thanks bro . . . looking forward to getting involved. I have at least one online friend posting here but don't know her handle yet. :roll:

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Billy,

We know there's a glitch in the avatar settings. This is a really old bulletin board and not worth trouble shooting at this point, especially as a new website is in the works with an up to date BB. Be patient, we're getting there!

I don't know about the Esalen lectures, but you can go through what's currently available HERE.

Cheers,
Clemsy

Billymack1949
Associate

Post by Billymack1949 »

Thanks bro . . . looking forward to the new site . . . I'll have plenty to discuss until then.

(Edit) Your link starts to load in a new window, then jumps to a blank page.

mkamin
Associate

Post by mkamin »

Are the lectures in series II and series III going to be released and sold as volumes on the jcf.org website (as is the case with volume I currently) or are they only to be sold as individual lectures. These get expensive at $6 a shot. Thanks.

Mark

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Hi Mark!

I'll send your query up the line and get back when with a response.

Cheers,
Clemsy

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

It seems I have located the items from my earlier request so please pardon any inconvenience I may have caused.

( BTW; Enough can't be said for all the behind-the-scenes hard work you folks provide for the Foundation and this website. )

Cheers :)
Last edited by JamesN. on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

CarmelaBear
Associate

Post by CarmelaBear »

JamesN. wrote:Enough can't be said for all the behind-the-scenes hard work you folks provide for the Foundation and this website. )

Cheers :)
Exactly.

JamesN.
Associate

Post by JamesN. »

My apologies to the staff; I have found the Michael Toms items in the bookstore so please disregard my earlier request. :oops:
Last edited by JamesN. on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do I know? - Michael de Montaigne

rubygene1
Associate

Audio Lecture Track Lists

Post by rubygene1 »

Hi Clemsy,

I was wondering if in the near-future all audio lectures could come with track lists as well as the general introduction paragraph. Since a lot of the lectures repeat and crossover it would help me choose better. Having said that, I'm certainly committed to buying most of these talks.

I've just checked and iTunes does include track listings for each talk (with very steep prices compared to JCF's). That solves my issue and if the work load is too much for the JCF volunteers I of course understand why this additional feature might be overlooked.

Thanks to you and everyone else who are preserving and distributing Campbell's timeless works.

rubygene1

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

Thank you Ruby! And welcome to the JCF Forum! I'll send your question up to the Managing Editor for his input. But you are right, the JCF does have limited resources...

Cheers,
Clemsy

Clemsy
Working Associate

Post by Clemsy »

I just heard from David Kudler and, indeed, the time commitment for doing this is beyond us at the moment.

Thanks for your interest, though, Ruby!

Cheers,
Clemsy